ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Beyond 2010

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote::mad

Bah Humbug............costs a damn fortune and for what?.................Do they make a song and dance on my birthday................ :cry
:Very Happy That you dropping hints? How very old are you now? Got your bus pass? Still think it's funny that I work beside men who have their bus passes! :wave
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by Wessex »

My prediction is we will be sold off to a swiss based private equity fund of which 40 per cent will be owned by some oil rich arab country.After the swift sale of some assets RM will be split into regions and rented out area by area to all the dsa leeches who will take their share of the profits
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Wessex wrote:My prediction is we will be sold off to a swiss based private equity fund of which 40 per cent will be owned by some oil rich arab country.After the swift sale of some assets RM will be split into regions and rented out area by area to all the dsa leeches who will take their share of the profits
You mean CVC - they made a bid last time as well IIRC.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by Wessex »

I think its significant that the term Universal service providers plural has been mentioned by both the ceo and the regulator and others,so I take it that is the way its going and we will remain rm but different companies will run different areas as postal operating companies.I could of course be totally wrong.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by Wessex »

And of course they have to privatise us first.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by fishtank »

TNT appear to be liquidating assets to the surprise of many.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 55#p333849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder why they need around £4billion in cold hard cash.....? :hmmmm :nervous
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:TNT appear to be liquidating assets to the surprise of many.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 55#p333849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder why they need around £4billion in cold hard cash.....? :hmmmm :nervous
Well I can honestly say I don't come cheap :chuckle
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by Wessex »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:TNT appear to be liquidating assets to the surprise of many.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 55#p333849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder why they need around £4billion in cold hard cash.....? :hmmmm :nervous
Well I can honestly say I don't come cheap :chuckle
lol
but I suppose we'll all have to go Dutch
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by plainpat »

Wessex wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:TNT appear to be liquidating assets to the surprise of many.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 55#p333849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder why they need around £4billion in cold hard cash.....? :hmmmm :nervous
Well I can honestly say I don't come cheap :chuckle
lol
but I suppose we'll all have to go Dutch
If the cap fits............. :whistle

Sori, I've got me coat already :wave
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by dvbuk55 »

plainpat wrote:
Wessex wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:TNT appear to be liquidating assets to the surprise of many.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 55#p333849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder why they need around £4billion in cold hard cash.....? :hmmmm :nervous
Well I can honestly say I don't come cheap :chuckle
lol
but I suppose we'll all have to go Dutch
If the cap fits............. :whistle

Sori, I've got me coat already :wave
You'll be lucky to get one of them in boots these days
plainpat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 410
Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
Gender: Male
Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea

Re: Beyond 2010

Post by plainpat »

dvbuk55 wrote:
plainpat wrote:
Wessex wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:TNT appear to be liquidating assets to the surprise of many.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 55#p333849" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wonder why they need around £4billion in cold hard cash.....? :hmmmm :nervous
Well I can honestly say I don't come cheap :chuckle
lol
but I suppose we'll all have to go Dutch
If the cap fits............. :whistle

Sori, I've got me coat already :wave
You'll be lucky to get one of them in boots these days
I tried boots once........but it all leaked out the laceholes...............

(The older the joke the better :chuckle )