ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:No what you are going to do is pay someone to put your case for you because you are incapable of producing a coherent costed plan............and after all those years of selfless giving..............................shame.

Can we call a truce and get back to constructive criticism and debate please.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by fishtank »

You just don't get this at all dingo do you.
I'm not criticizing the London Divisional Reps for doing what they are doing.
They must use every resource at their disposal to protect as many of their members as they can...if they don't then they have no right being in the position that they are.
The question is obvious though...would these resources and have these resources been made available in other areas?
Now thats why there is a fresh appoach needed as the plan for London is vastly different from any other mail centre closure either previously in London and we have seen 7 mailcentre closures since 1995 or anyother mail centre closure in the UK.
No..it's not vastly different...of course it is to you but that is only because you are in the middle of it but it is not to the members who have been displaced around the country.
If anything members in the North East were under greater pressure to accept ridiculous travelling times to these new locations due to the high local unemployment rates....it may not be compulsory but it's not a million miles away when you have no real alternative.

Now Royal Mail have given umpteen assurances that their will be no compulsory redundances....i know that because you often quoted it before the agreement was ratified so are you sure that's what you mean or do you really mean your members will not accept ridiculous travelling times to new locations?...that's fair enough i can understand their frustration and their position...but compulsory redundancies....why that would result in industrial action dingo and that would bring this whole "deal of the century" crashing down around our ears and neither Royal Mail nor the CWU can afford for that to happen.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:No what you are going to do is pay someone to put your case for you because you are incapable of producing a coherent costed plan............and after all those years of selfless giving..............................shame.

Can we call a truce and get back to constructive criticism and debate please.
Fair enough! I just get sick of hearing how London is a special case, time after time after time....................
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by Wessex »

Slightly changing the tack ,back to DSA , Dingo mentions that DW and the Union campaigned against DSA ,well they must have done it very quietly because up until recently I cant recall DW raising this issue, until Moya Greene did.I only say this because the DSA issue has always upset me but I dont remember any campaign against it.I am happy to be corrected.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Wessex wrote:Slightly changing the tack ,back to DSA , Dingo mentions that DW and the Union campaigned against DSA ,well they must have done it very quietly because up until recently I cant recall DW raising this issue, until Moya Greene did.I only say this because the DSA issue has always upset me but I dont remember any campaign against it.I am happy to be corrected.

After a little research I have found some instance of action by the CWU.

1. They replied to a Postcon Consultation in April 2008 "On downstream access, the CWU said that volumes had grown faster than forecast leaving Royal Mail struggling financially and calling for a reduction in the scope of the USO and an increase in stamp prices"

2. In Dec 07 it was reported in the Independent "Bill Hayes, the general secretary of the CWU, said: "This is a crucial review... High on our list of issues are the effect of downstream access, the universal service obligation which currently disproportionately burdens Royal Mail, and the role of Postcomm which has proved disappointing"

3. According to the socialist worker the CWU said in August 2007 The CWU said that £43 million of the fall in the company’s profits were the “direct result of downstream access”.

Sorry nothing beyond that - lots of talking and briefings though Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by Wessex »

Thanks TBT.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Wessex wrote:Thanks TBT.
No problems but I was being a tad sarcastic rather than informative :wink:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by Wessex »

lol :Very Happy
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by BELIAL »

:chuckle Makes you wonder how the powers that be managed to resist such a massive campaigning onslaught :shock:
Bye
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by Night Tonic »

You get what you pay for, or deserve. Never seen so many bridges burnt by so many who think they know better. :cuppa
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Night Tonic wrote:. Never seen so many bridges burnt by so many who think they know better. :cuppa
Strange you come across as dismissive of the Union but now your castigating those who have left, mind you your consistent as you also slag of RMC and its members as well yet you still keep coming back. :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm

Bit like me with NightmareMail. Again :hmmmm :hmmmm

:wink: :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by Night Tonic »

On the contrary, very supportive of the CWU and Unions in general but too many here dismissive of Dingo and others that try to put over a reasoned argument. As I said, burning bridges and perhaps why there may be many visitors, but few posting. RMC seems to have gradually cut itself off from the world and that isn't a place most posties want to be, especially in their free time. I'm not even sure what its purpose is now unless its just to cast gloom and misery. You tell me son. If I'm your nightmare, you do have worries.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by POSTMAN »

Night Tonic wrote:On the contrary, very supportive of the CWU and Unions in general but too many here dismissive of Dingo and others that try to put over a reasoned argument. As I said, burning bridges and perhaps why there may be many visitors, but few posting. RMC seems to have gradually cut itself off from the world and that isn't a place most posties want to be, especially in their free time. I'm not even sure what its purpose is now unless its just to cast gloom and misery. You tell me son. If I'm your nightmare, you do have worries.
So many flaws,so much bollox,so little time,godda go,sorry.
Been offline for a couple of days,loads of posts to catch up on.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by fishtank »

Night Tonic wrote: I'm not even sure what its purpose is now unless its just to cast gloom and misery.
Night Tonic wrote:If I had a mortgage to pay, and I don't now, I would not be counting on steady employment at RM or the agreement not changing thats for sure. Word has it that the agreement will be short lived too, and I don't mean it will get replaced with a better one.
We're doomed....doomed i tell you. :chuckle :chuckle :wave
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Greene hits out at Royal Mail criticism

Post by Lincox »

I appreciate what you are saying and have no doubt that Dingo puts in a great deal of work on behalf of his members and the cwu itself. However his problem is that he fails to accept that there is another side of the coin and that the many stories of failing revisions cannot be isolated problems and that the union heirarchy have ignored these problems and are putting the majority of their energies and finances into fighting off privitisation. This may or may not be a noble thing to do, but at the moment they need to get their prioritiessorted or they will have very few members to fight for.