ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas - what are you expecting?
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
Well, in the not so old long ago days, Christmas wasn't bad. We all got stuck in on IPS--very few packets to take out, and no D/D's--or too much heavy stuff, so bags were O'K, This year, It will be a complete disaster! and I expect, no tips, as most of us are on 'new' routes!
-
happymackem
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 304
- Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: in the land of the mackems
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
normal days with regard to park and loop
take what i can,finish at 1450 and bollocks the rest :nanamerry christmas everyone
Ho,Ho,Ho !
aint worried about the 20 yorks of packets that are in the office now(some been there for 3 weeks)
and wont lose any sleep over them either.
take what i can,finish at 1450 and bollocks the rest :nanamerry christmas everyone
Ho,Ho,Ho !
aint worried about the 20 yorks of packets that are in the office now(some been there for 3 weeks)
and wont lose any sleep over them either.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16738
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
Our pressure hours are at the start of our duty.johnnyp wrote:Will go in do my duty,if i finish it then lovely,if i dont then cut off and let the managers deal with it.
I will not be taking any pressure hours as 14.00 is late enough for me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
Same here,don't know what the hrs are yet but i'm doing zilch,i usully earn a fortune at xmas but can't be arsed any more.johnnyp wrote:Will go in do my duty,if i finish it then lovely,if i dont then cut off and let the managers deal with it.
I will not be taking any pressure hours as 14.00 is late enough for me.
I'm thinking the tracked is going to go mental and way overtake the reg.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
I used to live in my uniform during Christmas.
Not for years though...not since SDD.... i think that's what got me over my love of the docket.
Not for years though...not since SDD.... i think that's what got me over my love of the docket.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
Every bit of is now being offered as SA in my office, I've already told them what I'm doing this year 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
custard wrote:a 40 hour week
correct, i will be leaving streets and lots of them
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
No OT, no SA - not worth it for what they're paying,
AND FOUR DAYS OFF

AND FOUR DAYS OFF
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

XMAS = TORTURE DOING FULL TIME HOURS BEING PAID PRO RATE 22.5 HOUR PAYMENT AROUND £45 XMAS BONUS
SCROOGE B_TARDS
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
suz67
- Posts: 105
- Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
same here,not done any o/t for over a year now,can't understand why the dom keeps asking!!! repeatedly told him,NO,NO NO,asked the dom last week what the plans were for xmas pressure,answer,don't know i won't be here,off to a different office!!! (dickhead)we've already got about 10 yorks stacked up with packets now,and its started snowing,suggested to the dom to get people in on sunday to clear the backlog,answer,can't because the som doesn't want the public to see PO vans on a sunday!! you couldn't make this shite up,anyway he thought about it for a day or so then this morning going round asking for volunteers to do packets tomorrow,guess what NO TAKERS!!! :fishtank wrote:I used to live in my uniform during Christmas.
Not for years though...not since SDD.... i think that's what got me over my love of the docket.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
What am I expecting for crimbo?
Inguinal hernia, tension headaches, major stress, depression induced weeping, suicidal / homicidal tendencies....take your pick
With a pinch of luck, I will be on the duty I've been covering for 2 months ( and I'll be giving the duty holder 1/4 of tips, as he's off with blindness from type 1 diabetes
)
Inguinal hernia, tension headaches, major stress, depression induced weeping, suicidal / homicidal tendencies....take your pick
With a pinch of luck, I will be on the duty I've been covering for 2 months ( and I'll be giving the duty holder 1/4 of tips, as he's off with blindness from type 1 diabetes
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
i expect full bonus for working full time hours + full attendance.

clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?
post_bitch wrote:i expect full bonus for working full time hours + full attendance.
BTW, like the new avatar....but you could have let it run for another second or two, couldn't you?
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!