ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas - what are you expecting?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by stokes11eg »

Well, in the not so old long ago days, Christmas wasn't bad. We all got stuck in on IPS--very few packets to take out, and no D/D's--or too much heavy stuff, so bags were O'K, This year, It will be a complete disaster! and I expect, no tips, as most of us are on 'new' routes!
happymackem
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 304
Joined: 27 Oct 2009, 19:02
Gender: Male
Location: in the land of the mackems

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by happymackem »

normal days with regard to park and loop
take what i can,finish at 1450 and bollocks the rest :nanamerry christmas everyone
Ho,Ho,Ho !
aint worried about the 20 yorks of packets that are in the office now(some been there for 3 weeks)
and wont lose any sleep over them either. :crazy:
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16738
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by clashcityrocker »

johnnyp wrote:Will go in do my duty,if i finish it then lovely,if i dont then cut off and let the managers deal with it.
I will not be taking any pressure hours as 14.00 is late enough for me.
Our pressure hours are at the start of our duty.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by POSTMAN »

johnnyp wrote:Will go in do my duty,if i finish it then lovely,if i dont then cut off and let the managers deal with it.
I will not be taking any pressure hours as 14.00 is late enough for me.
Same here,don't know what the hrs are yet but i'm doing zilch,i usully earn a fortune at xmas but can't be arsed any more.

I'm thinking the tracked is going to go mental and way overtake the reg.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by fishtank »

I used to live in my uniform during Christmas.
Not for years though...not since SDD.... i think that's what got me over my love of the docket.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by DGP1 »

Every bit of is now being offered as SA in my office, I've already told them what I'm doing this year :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by Godric »

custard wrote:a 40 hour week :nana

correct, i will be leaving streets and lots of them :nana
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by baldrick »

No OT, no SA - not worth it for what they're paying,
AND FOUR DAYS OFF :nana :nana :nana :nana
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by post_bitch »

Image

XMAS = TORTURE DOING FULL TIME HOURS BEING PAID PRO RATE 22.5 HOUR PAYMENT AROUND £45 XMAS BONUS

SCROOGE B_TARDS
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
suz67
Posts: 105
Joined: 10 Mar 2010, 15:36
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by suz67 »

fishtank wrote:I used to live in my uniform during Christmas.
Not for years though...not since SDD.... i think that's what got me over my love of the docket.
same here,not done any o/t for over a year now,can't understand why the dom keeps asking!!! repeatedly told him,NO,NO NO,asked the dom last week what the plans were for xmas pressure,answer,don't know i won't be here,off to a different office!!! (dickhead)we've already got about 10 yorks stacked up with packets now,and its started snowing,suggested to the dom to get people in on sunday to clear the backlog,answer,can't because the som doesn't want the public to see PO vans on a sunday!! you couldn't make this shite up,anyway he thought about it for a day or so then this morning going round asking for volunteers to do packets tomorrow,guess what NO TAKERS!!! : :left: :nana :Applause
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by smokerjim »

What am I expecting for crimbo?

Inguinal hernia, tension headaches, major stress, depression induced weeping, suicidal / homicidal tendencies....take your pick :cuppa

With a pinch of luck, I will be on the duty I've been covering for 2 months ( and I'll be giving the duty holder 1/4 of tips, as he's off with blindness from type 1 diabetes :shock: :shock: :sad: )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by post_bitch »

i expect full bonus for working full time hours + full attendance.

:mad
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Christmas - what are you expecting?

Post by smokerjim »

post_bitch wrote:i expect full bonus for working full time hours + full attendance.

:mad
:left: are you also expecting your DOM to call all of you's together for his crimbo eve speech, so he can say "I just want to say, that I had a dream last night & I realisedI need to say & do a few things differently. Firstly, thanks for all your hard work this year, and sorry for being a complete & amoral bastard....I want all PTs to sign these new contracts giving them 40hrs, you'll see they've been backdated 6 weeks & I'll make sure you get your money for those weeks & I want to give all of you an equal share of my crimbo bonus, so come and see me before you go to get your £750....oh & Post Bitch? Don't go out on delivery today, you'd best rush home to care for your crippled son, Tiny Tim - and don't return until 6th of Jan ( don't worry, you'll get full pay )

BTW, like the new avatar....but you could have let it run for another second or two, couldn't you? :wink:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!