ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Prep Tests

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
footpat21
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Oct 2010, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Prep Tests

Post by footpat21 »

i've been a postman for 17 years and this is the worst it's been. I have to town sort for 1hr 30 before i then have to prep 2 frames which totals 1250 calls. I prep one for a part timer that comes in at 9am. I then have to deliver my 600 call delivery. Is this the norm in other offices!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Prep Tests

Post by POSTMAN »

footpat21 wrote:i've been a postman for 17 years and this is the worst it's been. I have to town sort for 1hr 30 before i then have to prep 2 frames which totals 1250 calls. I prep one for a part timer that comes in at 9am. I then have to deliver my 600 call delivery. Is this the norm in other offices!
Tbf,yes near enough.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Prep Tests

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

footpat21 wrote:i've been a postman for 17 years and this is the worst it's been. I have to town sort for 1hr 30 before i then have to prep 2 frames which totals 1250 calls. I prep one for a part timer that comes in at 9am. I then have to deliver my 600 call delivery. Is this the norm in other offices!

Yep 1 of our senior men preps his and 2 PT walks instead of town sorting (IPS).
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bluebeard
Posts: 12
Joined: 07 Mar 2007, 14:34
Location: Hull

Re: Prep Tests

Post by bluebeard »

we were told in our office "if you do not meet up to test requirements. you will be asked to leave the business.
bluebeard
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Prep Tests

Post by POSTMAN »

bluebeard wrote:we were told in our office "if you do not meet up to test requirements. you will be asked to leave the business.
Bullshit! Ignore them.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Prep Tests

Post by DGP1 »

bluebeard wrote:we were told in our office "if you do not meet up to test requirements. you will be asked to leave the business.
I think that's all them out then :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio