ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU Reps revision walks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by Big Daz »

Week before last a EX member was back in the D.O finshed at 11.50 but paid till 3pm

All our urban walks are pegasus created, rurals were created way back in the day and fine tuned when the 5 day week came in.

I would love a full outdoor revision but sadly computers are the flavour of the month :sad:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by dvbuk55 »

Big Daz wrote:That is in the eye of the beholder, trouble is when it comes to delivery duties the mbrs speak with many conflicting voices.

Tabletop revision is pants!!!
We had a tabletop revision about 17 years ago. Each area was prepared by a nominated postie, the one who did the area I was working in somehow managed to get a delivery that had loads of terraced houses, missed out a huge swathe of less desirable properties, a part with a dead walk back and finally finishing up right around the corner from where he lived :chuckle It lasted in that form for about 8 years before eventually being put right by a more honest man.

In fairness any one of the eight of us could have chosen it but because we each had our own round we chose the round we were used to. How did that come about you might wonder - well we were known to be a little bit rowdy, so much so we were banished from the main sorting hall and had a room of our own one floor below - no-one else would choose to be in there and so we always chose the same rounds - I did the same one for eight years.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote: How did that come about you might wonder - well we were known to be a little bit rowdy, so much so we were banished from the main sorting hall and had a room of our own one floor below - no-one else would choose to be in there and so we always chose the same rounds - I did the same one for eight years.
Again with the naughty room dv. :roll:
Has this theme continued right from childhood?..I can imagine a lot of naughty step time for little dv. :chuckle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: How did that come about you might wonder - well we were known to be a little bit rowdy, so much so we were banished from the main sorting hall and had a room of our own one floor below - no-one else would choose to be in there and so we always chose the same rounds - I did the same one for eight years.
Again with the naughty room dv. :roll:
Has this theme continued right from childhood?..I can imagine a lot of naughty step time for little dv. :chuckle
:hmmmm Yes there does seem to be a familiar theme about it now on reflection - lucky I've got older and wiser :whistle Did I mention I was not allowed in work time learning sessions as well..................not that I miss them :chuckle :chuckle
OverloadedUK
Posts: 12
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 14:03

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by OverloadedUK »

Big Daz wrote:Im a rep and not aware of this being National agreement, but I think there is a aggrement for this in the anglia division. Ive been told by my Area Rep to put such a thing in place but have not done so.
Well all i can say is BD I love your attitude, my rep however has not resisted a little bit of feathering. :evil/mad
OverloadedUK
Posts: 12
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 14:03

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by OverloadedUK »

gb93 wrote::wave Wow that was some wait for your 1st post.
Are you the rep in question, to move you so much :Very Happy
I am not the rep. well done for pointing out the wait. I shall return t normal. :silenced
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by gb93 »

OverloadedUK wrote:
gb93 wrote::wave Wow that was some wait for your 1st post.
Are you the rep in question, to move you so much :Very Happy
I am not the rep. well done for pointing out the wait. I shall return t normal. :silenced
If you check the quote back you will see it was not aimed at you.
But anyway seen as you have belatedly getting into the swing it would be a shame for you to stop now.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Reps revision walks

Post by Big Daz »

OverloadedUK wrote:
Big Daz wrote:Im a rep and not aware of this being National agreement, but I think there is a aggrement for this in the anglia division. Ive been told by my Area Rep to put such a thing in place but have not done so.
Well all i can say is BD I love your attitude, my rep however has not resisted a little bit of feathering. :evil/mad

I have nowt against the concept but have been managing without pre secheuled release since I took on Safety rep role in 2001. At this moment in time ad hoc works for me as a individual rep.

So long as any future rep in my D.O could have this if needed then no problemo.