ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

trollys.......

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: trollys.......

Post by fishtank »

malcolm3011 wrote: obviously you will try and put as much in the HCT rather than return to the office to collect the rest which isn't practical anyway

If it isn't practical to return to the office then they feed you and if they can't...... :wave
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: trollys.......

Post by not me »

malcolm3011 wrote:
woodpecker wrote:HCT trolley should only weigh a maximum of 105 kilos!


This is the maximum recommend weight in the trolley but what happens when it is a busy day and there is no relief driver to drop mail out to you, obviously you will try and put as much in the HCT rather than return to the office to collect the rest which isn't practical anyway

so in your world H&S is only for quiet days?
mandelsons_toenail
Posts: 1294
Joined: 08 Aug 2009, 18:16
Gender: Male
Location: Outer Hebrides

Re: trollys.......

Post by mandelsons_toenail »

just had a dust up with my dom

just risk assessed a delivery for a trolley

He said max weight of a trolley is 180 kg :left:

I laughed and walked out.

:dance

105kg i said. :Very Happy
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: trollys.......

Post by krussel »

mandelsons_toenail wrote:just had a dust up with my dom

just risk assessed a delivery for a trolley

He said max weight of a trolley is 180 kg :left:

I laughed and walked out.

:dance

105kg i said. :Very Happy
I asked my dom a coupe of days ago about trolley max weights and at first she said there's no limit :shock: I insisted there was so she said she would get back to me :hmmmm So today she comes up and says its 340kg :left: .

What chance you got :roll: Where's me rep :confused
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: trollys.......

Post by fishtank »

krussel wrote: So today she comes up and says its 340kg :left: .

What chance you got :roll: Where's me rep :confused
Think she's a little confused...

Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: trollys.......

Post by krussel »

fishtank wrote:
krussel wrote: So today she comes up and says its 340kg :left: .

What chance you got :roll: Where's me rep :confused
Think she's a little confused...

Image

:left: :left: :left:

Its crazy :crazy: :crazy:

Trouble is iam giving up the van on the re-sign and most prob be looking at a trolley duty. Good job there's the info on here i can print off and take in when the time comes. :Applause :Applause Prob why they block RM Chat at work.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: trollys.......

Post by POSTMAN »

:funneh Some of the weights quoted. :left:
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
london sub
Posts: 397
Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: trollys.......

Post by london sub »

krussel wrote:
mandelsons_toenail wrote:just had a dust up with my dom

just risk assessed a delivery for a trolley

He said max weight of a trolley is 180 kg :left:

I laughed and walked out.

:dance

105kg i said. :Very Happy
I asked my dom a coupe of days ago about trolley max weights and at first she said there's no limit :shock: I insisted there was so she said she would get back to me :hmmmm So today she comes up and says its 340kg :left: .

What chance you got :roll: Where's me rep :confused
340kg wtf! I can't even lift myself out of bed in the morning far less pushing a trolley that weighs about 5x my body weight :left:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: trollys.......

Post by dvbuk55 »

cow post wrote:
krussel wrote:
mandelsons_toenail wrote:just had a dust up with my dom

just risk assessed a delivery for a trolley

He said max weight of a trolley is 180 kg :left:

I laughed and walked out.

:dance

105kg i said. :Very Happy
I asked my dom a coupe of days ago about trolley max weights and at first she said there's no limit :shock: I insisted there was so she said she would get back to me :hmmmm So today she comes up and says its 340kg :left: .

What chance you got :roll: Where's me rep :confused
340kg wtf! I can't even lift myself out of bed in the morning far less pushing a trolley that weighs about 5x my body weight :left:



She's probably confusing an ordinary HCT with an electric one.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: trollys.......

Post by krussel »

dvbuk55 wrote:She's probably confusing an ordinary HCT with an electric one.
Could be but we have never had an electric one :hmmmm

Even with a motor could you imagine trying to guide a trolly weighing 340 kg, thats a third of a car :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: trollys.......

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:She's probably confusing an ordinary HCT with an electric one.
Could be but we have never had an electric one :hmmmm

Even with a motor could you imagine trying to guide a trolly weighing 340 kg, thats a third of a car :left:
I'm not sure but I think the weight for an electric HCT is 240kg - they're certainly not light...................or fast.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: trollys.......

Post by krussel »

dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:She's probably confusing an ordinary HCT with an electric one.
Could be but we have never had an electric one :hmmmm

Even with a motor could you imagine trying to guide a trolly weighing 340 kg, thats a third of a car :left:
I'm not sure but I think the weight for an electric HCT is 240kg - they're certainly not light...................or fast.
:hmmmm i wonder if you can attach a seat :Very Happy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: trollys.......

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

1/3 of a Ton :left: :left: :left: :left: :left:
Image
Coincidently this weight lifter is attempting 330Kg
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: trollys.......

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:She's probably confusing an ordinary HCT with an electric one.
Could be but we have never had an electric one :hmmmm

Even with a motor could you imagine trying to guide a trolly weighing 340 kg, thats a third of a car :left:
I'm not sure but I think the weight for an electric HCT is 240kg - they're certainly not light...................or fast.
:hmmmm i wonder if you can attach a seat :Very Happy
Not a seat, no, but I do believe there is an attachment to while away the hours when you breakdown, the ladies will particularly like it :whistle
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: trollys.......

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
krussel wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:She's probably confusing an ordinary HCT with an electric one.
Could be but we have never had an electric one :hmmmm

Even with a motor could you imagine trying to guide a trolly weighing 340 kg, thats a third of a car :left:
I'm not sure but I think the weight for an electric HCT is 240kg - they're certainly not light...................or fast.
:hmmmm i wonder if you can attach a seat :Very Happy
Not a seat, no, but I do believe there is an attachment to while away the hours when you breakdown, the ladies will particularly like it :whistle
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.