ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
smartbhoy
Posts: 93
Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by smartbhoy »

Let's hope you get caught monkey!! Anything else you don't deliver? Dvds, birthday cards, credit cards? People like you that get us all tarred as being lazy and untrustworthy!!! :Very Happy
Redyam
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 97
Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by Redyam »

The only time I didn't deliver all my door 2 doors was when it was the free Lurpak coupons... I took a few and had real spreadable butter for a while :oops:
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by Spedley »

I always do my D2D and so do most in our office. The only time they don't get done is when a duty is covered on overtime (people usually refuse O/T if they have to do the D2Ds)
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by NewPostieUK »

mudmonkey wrote:I will be honest i deliver D2D's when ive only got 1 lot if i got 3 or 5 tough s**t i say but then i have know some who just dont give a monkey and just bin the lot. So what about you?
Got to be a wind up this.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by taurus88 »

I do them to the extent that is possible. Sometimes miss the odd address through human error in chucking them out, and sometimes miss a few due to total mindf*ck at some point along the walk, but they get done to the greatest extent possible. I notice a lot of folk in our D.O. don't bother to do them all, no-one ever says anything to them. I don't want to say anything more about other practices in relation to d2ds as that would be inappropriate considering it's only based on hearsay. It involves recycling bins. I wouldn't be so sure the OP is on a wind-up, put it that way.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by Caniel »

I always do them, I could quite easily dump them down a bin chute on delivery but it's really not worth it because if I get caught it's the sack. As has been said it's part of the work load now so I do my required amount each day.

I find it odd the person starting the thread has only 1 post and that's the first one in this thread...
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by Lateagainpostie »

I always do all of mine,even to the two sets of old folks flats, and the nursing home, just to watch the wardens collect them all up, and put them in the recycling bin, where they go off to a paper mill, to be made into more leaflets for me to take to nursing homes where the warden collects them all up ........
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by ihatedogs »

/
Last edited by ihatedogs on 26 Dec 2014, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
jaylime
Posts: 331
Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by jaylime »

I do all mine to.I sniff a troll on here.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by DGP1 »

ihatedogs wrote:I deliver to a block of student flats, they have an office/reception which manages the building. Since it was first built they have insisted that the postman does not deliver D2D`s to the letterboxes but leaves them with reception. They in turn leave a pile on the reception desk for students who wish to take one.This has never been officially endorsed by RM, but just agreed with whichever postie was on the walk.
So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
Not acceptable, deliver them to each DP and if they want them stopped then they can ask for an opt out.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by fishtank »

ihatedogs wrote: So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
It's certainly not wilful delay but whether i would be comfortable doing it is a different story.
Maybe asking them politely to put their request in writing and send it to your DOM would be the smart move.
Let them make the call.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
baleout
Posts: 122
Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by baleout »

mudmonkey wrote:I will be honest i deliver D2D's when ive only got 1 lot if i got 3 or 5 tough s**t i say but then i have know some who just dont give a monkey and just bin the lot. So what about you?
I think you just a wind up. If not I hope you get the sack because you are one of the lasy scumbags I carry every week !
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by OnAFlyer »

jaylime wrote:I do all mine to.I sniff a troll on here.
I don't think he is. The guy who works next to me never takes ANY, he doesn't even open the boxes until the end of the week, then he just goes and puts them on the spares cage. Some weeks he doesn't even bother with that and they're still under the frame the week after. He's done it for years and nothing has ever been said.

a 6th a day is nothing, yeah they're absolute crap mainly but it's not worth losing youtr job over. IMO though you'd have to do something stupid to actually get caught (like dumping them in a customers bin). At least 2 or 3 days a week I push other leaflets that are stuck in the boxes through with mine so I doubt anyone would ever notice, I can't even remember what households have been to my house this week amongst all the charity bags and other crap.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by malcolm3011 »

Thehair wrote:
DGP1 wrote:I can't believe this thread, I've always delivered all my D2Ds and would never even think of not doing them :hmmmm Why anyone wouldn't do them is just laziness and probably because they need to rush around to get more OT.
I'm with DGP1 on this and have always delivered them, funnily enough it is one of the the things we get paid for, or has that been forgotten

I have 5 D2Ds every week now and always deliver them, as it is live mail now we dont really have any other option. It will be interesting during Christmas pressure weeks how they expext us to deliver these and the normal mail in our allocated hours, cant see it happening myself :confused
ihatedogs
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 547
Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
Gender: Male

Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?

Post by ihatedogs »

DGP1 wrote:
ihatedogs wrote:I deliver to a block of student flats, they have an office/reception which manages the building. Since it was first built they have insisted that the postman does not deliver D2D`s to the letterboxes but leaves them with reception. They in turn leave a pile on the reception desk for students who wish to take one.This has never been officially endorsed by RM, but just agreed with whichever postie was on the walk.
So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
Not acceptable, deliver them to each DP and if they want them stopped then they can ask for an opt out.
Is there an official opt out form and would I get it from my DOM? or does the customer have to request it from his local P.O./customer services