ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
-
smartbhoy
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 17 Feb 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
Let's hope you get caught monkey!! Anything else you don't deliver? Dvds, birthday cards, credit cards? People like you that get us all tarred as being lazy and untrustworthy!!! 
-
Redyam
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 97
- Joined: 27 Sep 2009, 23:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
The only time I didn't deliver all my door 2 doors was when it was the free Lurpak coupons... I took a few and had real spreadable butter for a while 
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
I always do my D2D and so do most in our office. The only time they don't get done is when a duty is covered on overtime (people usually refuse O/T if they have to do the D2Ds)
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
Got to be a wind up this.mudmonkey wrote:I will be honest i deliver D2D's when ive only got 1 lot if i got 3 or 5 tough s**t i say but then i have know some who just dont give a monkey and just bin the lot. So what about you?
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
I do them to the extent that is possible. Sometimes miss the odd address through human error in chucking them out, and sometimes miss a few due to total mindf*ck at some point along the walk, but they get done to the greatest extent possible. I notice a lot of folk in our D.O. don't bother to do them all, no-one ever says anything to them. I don't want to say anything more about other practices in relation to d2ds as that would be inappropriate considering it's only based on hearsay. It involves recycling bins. I wouldn't be so sure the OP is on a wind-up, put it that way.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
I always do them, I could quite easily dump them down a bin chute on delivery but it's really not worth it because if I get caught it's the sack. As has been said it's part of the work load now so I do my required amount each day.
I find it odd the person starting the thread has only 1 post and that's the first one in this thread...
I find it odd the person starting the thread has only 1 post and that's the first one in this thread...
-
Lateagainpostie
- Posts: 393
- Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
I always do all of mine,even to the two sets of old folks flats, and the nursing home, just to watch the wardens collect them all up, and put them in the recycling bin, where they go off to a paper mill, to be made into more leaflets for me to take to nursing homes where the warden collects them all up ........
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
/
Last edited by ihatedogs on 26 Dec 2014, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
-
jaylime
- Posts: 331
- Joined: 09 Jan 2009, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
I do all mine to.I sniff a troll on here.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
Not acceptable, deliver them to each DP and if they want them stopped then they can ask for an opt out.ihatedogs wrote:I deliver to a block of student flats, they have an office/reception which manages the building. Since it was first built they have insisted that the postman does not deliver D2D`s to the letterboxes but leaves them with reception. They in turn leave a pile on the reception desk for students who wish to take one.This has never been officially endorsed by RM, but just agreed with whichever postie was on the walk.
So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
It's certainly not wilful delay but whether i would be comfortable doing it is a different story.ihatedogs wrote: So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?
Maybe asking them politely to put their request in writing and send it to your DOM would be the smart move.
Let them make the call.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
baleout
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
I think you just a wind up. If not I hope you get the sack because you are one of the lasy scumbags I carry every week !mudmonkey wrote:I will be honest i deliver D2D's when ive only got 1 lot if i got 3 or 5 tough s**t i say but then i have know some who just dont give a monkey and just bin the lot. So what about you?
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
I don't think he is. The guy who works next to me never takes ANY, he doesn't even open the boxes until the end of the week, then he just goes and puts them on the spares cage. Some weeks he doesn't even bother with that and they're still under the frame the week after. He's done it for years and nothing has ever been said.jaylime wrote:I do all mine to.I sniff a troll on here.
a 6th a day is nothing, yeah they're absolute crap mainly but it's not worth losing youtr job over. IMO though you'd have to do something stupid to actually get caught (like dumping them in a customers bin). At least 2 or 3 days a week I push other leaflets that are stuck in the boxes through with mine so I doubt anyone would ever notice, I can't even remember what households have been to my house this week amongst all the charity bags and other crap.
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
Thehair wrote:I'm with DGP1 on this and have always delivered them, funnily enough it is one of the the things we get paid for, or has that been forgottenDGP1 wrote:I can't believe this thread, I've always delivered all my D2Ds and would never even think of not doing themWhy anyone wouldn't do them is just laziness and probably because they need to rush around to get more OT.
I have 5 D2Ds every week now and always deliver them, as it is live mail now we dont really have any other option. It will be interesting during Christmas pressure weeks how they expext us to deliver these and the normal mail in our allocated hours, cant see it happening myself
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Lets be honest who actually delivers there D2D's?
Is there an official opt out form and would I get it from my DOM? or does the customer have to request it from his local P.O./customer servicesDGP1 wrote:Not acceptable, deliver them to each DP and if they want them stopped then they can ask for an opt out.ihatedogs wrote:I deliver to a block of student flats, they have an office/reception which manages the building. Since it was first built they have insisted that the postman does not deliver D2D`s to the letterboxes but leaves them with reception. They in turn leave a pile on the reception desk for students who wish to take one.This has never been officially endorsed by RM, but just agreed with whichever postie was on the walk.
So does this constitute wilful (and potentially cost you your job) or is it an acceptable practise?