ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New Uniform

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: New Uniform

Post by mazza111 »

Wish mine did, they look like safari shorts :roll:
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: New Uniform

Post by Stormproof »

Picked my new gear up today. Looks like everything could of finally of been based on human sizing. Everything I've ordered is massive because I went by the old uniform sizes. Have'nt received a Stormproof coat just the cagoule. The fleece looks like shite and is far too thick for in between temps. Shame no Harrington would've looked good in red :wink:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
mazza111
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 877
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
Gender: Female

Re: New Uniform

Post by mazza111 »

It's so typical RM tbh. They have brought in unisex shirts. Well, I ordered a large as I have lady lumps to cover, and it's ENORMOUS, could fit some extra lady lumps in there. Then we come to the trousers, not unisex, so they have made the Female ones with big baggy legs. Seems they don't want the women to look like women. If a gust of wind catches me with these trousers on, I'll end up up a tree!
dados
Posts: 399
Joined: 04 Sep 2009, 16:33
Gender: Male
Location: leading the 5th column

Re: New Uniform

Post by dados »

Stormproof wrote:Picked my new gear up today. Looks like everything could of finally of been based on human sizing. Everything I've ordered is massive because I went by the old uniform sizes. Have'nt received a Stormproof coat just the cagoule. The fleece looks like shite and is far too thick for in between temps. Shame no Harrington would've looked good in red :wink:
same here,but i went down a size,apart from the shirts,xl is a feckin tent,troosers fleece & cagoule are ok,polo tops are a bit thinner,but its all about layers,my thin polo top,thin fleece,cagoule & beanie will do me,can't wait to get rid of the old stuff,still waiting for stormproof coat tho,really can't see what all the complaining is about,if it ain't waterproof i shall nikwax it,same as i did in the Army,cos the kit was shite
Art as expression
Not as market campaigns
Will still capture our imaginations
Lateagainpostie
Posts: 393
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 18:17
Gender: Male

Re: New Uniform

Post by Lateagainpostie »

harrycook wrote:Have any indoor workers recieved the cagoul ? We were told we are not entitled to it but we get the fleece. We work in a building with major heating problems so we get told to wear our outdoor jackets. Place is a joke

harry
Try quoting the shops and factories act, specifies min working temps on there
If you love Man Utd, you'll love my forum Talkingreds
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: New Uniform

Post by DGP1 »

Stormproof wrote:Picked my new gear up today. Looks like everything could of finally of been based on human sizing. Everything I've ordered is massive because I went by the old uniform sizes. Have'nt received a Stormproof coat just the cagoule. The fleece looks like shite and is far too thick for in between temps. Shame no Harrington would've looked good in red :wink:
Oh the irony :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio