ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Have Your Say results
-
Sharkeyes
- Posts: 141
- Joined: 13 Sep 2010, 18:47
- Gender: Male
Re: Have Your Say results
Regarding DOMS, there are good and bad every where. I've been in this job for 22 years and I've come across many. Some who have risen through the ranks are real down to to earth people. They are the ones who haven't forgotten that bosses are there to HELP YOU GET THE JOB DONE. They will go that extra mile to help you do it. Then there ae ex union reps who make bloody awful career changes and change into monsters overnight. Then there are the total intelligence defficient idiots with no qualifications or peope management skills who just want power at any cost. These are the twits that cause walkouts over trivial situations because they are piss poor at managing anything. You tend to find that they have a relative or some good mate who put them there, as a tool, literally to cause trouble. This is the only job I know where a chimpanzee with no GCSE's could be put in charge of running a hundred staff. I've seen them come and seen them go. We're the real idiots because we're still here!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: Have Your Say results
Bullying produces bullies. I don't have alot of respect for most RM management that I have come across but I can kinda understand why they are how they are. All along the chain of command bullying and harrassment is being passed downwards. Linos get crap from Doms, Doms get crap from thier superiors, etc. What stands out to me are the few good managers that are about, the ones that do buck the trend and say no when thier superiors are being dicks. We only have one in our office who does that and he's a decent guy he really is, just a shame he's in the minority. You should give credit where its due if you are lucky enough to find a good one, and judge them by what they do rather than by thier job title!
There was also a temporary lino that help me alot when I started, if it wasn't for him I may have quit long ago. Not quite sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing as I may have been better off leaving and finding a proper job when I still had the energy to do so? Either way his heart was in the right place, and yet many would condemn him for just being a lino, which in this case at least would have been wrong!
There was also a temporary lino that help me alot when I started, if it wasn't for him I may have quit long ago. Not quite sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing as I may have been better off leaving and finding a proper job when I still had the energy to do so? Either way his heart was in the right place, and yet many would condemn him for just being a lino, which in this case at least would have been wrong!
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Have Your Say results
I think he meant from the tone of your placatory managerial stance the swastika was inappropriate, then perhaps you enjoy heel clicking in the prescence of your leaderarty_morty wrote:No problem. As soon as an administrator asks. Enjoy your tea.fishtank wrote:Do me a favour Arty...change your avatar...it isn't very funny.insubordination![]()
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Have Your Say results
It doesn't really matter how decent a manager is... you can never really trust them because at some point they will have to choose a side and they will,quite sensibly choose the side that pays their mortgage.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
ShropshireLad
- Posts: 100
- Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 17:02
- Gender: Male
Re: Have Your Say results
We had our results in a couple of weeks ago, and I've never seen such damning comments from virtually everyone in the office, mainly about our DOM. Nice bloke but an incompetant idiot. They are so bad he didn't even post them or discuss them. Just put them in a drawer in his desk. (should have locked it!!) If I was in senior RM management, I'd be seriously worried by HYS results like this. But of course, it's just window dressing. They never do anything about it.
-
exup13
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 18 May 2009, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Have Your Say results
Whats 'have your say'
, Is it like that mythical beast called 'first line fix' !!!
Not seen or heard of either for years !
Not seen or heard of either for years !
"Jesse, take that doirty thang out ya mouth"
"I can't ma, he's a holdin' ma ears"
"I can't ma, he's a holdin' ma ears"
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Have Your Say results
For the second time in a row we've had a senior person from the office who sends out the HYS (the actual person in chrage wouldn't come down again after she got ripped apart the last time), they came up with the best excuse I've ever heard (and yet another reason why RM is in the crap it's in now) - and his quote was 'We just ignored all the previous ones but we won't this time'
Fills us with confidence
PS. Still nobody filled them in and I believe that nobody should fill them in again because they are not worth the paper they're written on.
PPS. If you want to vent about your office then you may as well do it on here so that a few more people can read the comments (and all those witty comment don't go to waste
).
PS. Still nobody filled them in and I believe that nobody should fill them in again because they are not worth the paper they're written on.
PPS. If you want to vent about your office then you may as well do it on here so that a few more people can read the comments (and all those witty comment don't go to waste
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
AlbertoGranado
- Posts: 57
- Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Under Neon Loneliness
Re: Have Your Say results
Its a bit like those rare "lesser spotted" birds people talk about.exup13 wrote:Whats 'have your say', Is it like that mythical beast called 'first line fix' !!!
Not seen or heard of either for years !
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Have Your Say results
Yes I have yet to see the Lesser Spotted Manager after 1100am on a Saturday.AlbertoGranado wrote:Its a bit like those rare "lesser spotted" birds people talk about.exup13 wrote:Whats 'have your say', Is it like that mythical beast called 'first line fix' !!!
Not seen or heard of either for years !
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Have Your Say results
You need to find out which deliveries he is covering first.... 
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.