ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Have Your Say results

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Sharkeyes
Posts: 141
Joined: 13 Sep 2010, 18:47
Gender: Male

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by Sharkeyes »

Regarding DOMS, there are good and bad every where. I've been in this job for 22 years and I've come across many. Some who have risen through the ranks are real down to to earth people. They are the ones who haven't forgotten that bosses are there to HELP YOU GET THE JOB DONE. They will go that extra mile to help you do it. Then there ae ex union reps who make bloody awful career changes and change into monsters overnight. Then there are the total intelligence defficient idiots with no qualifications or peope management skills who just want power at any cost. These are the twits that cause walkouts over trivial situations because they are piss poor at managing anything. You tend to find that they have a relative or some good mate who put them there, as a tool, literally to cause trouble. This is the only job I know where a chimpanzee with no GCSE's could be put in charge of running a hundred staff. I've seen them come and seen them go. We're the real idiots because we're still here!
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by Judgee »

Bullying produces bullies. I don't have alot of respect for most RM management that I have come across but I can kinda understand why they are how they are. All along the chain of command bullying and harrassment is being passed downwards. Linos get crap from Doms, Doms get crap from thier superiors, etc. What stands out to me are the few good managers that are about, the ones that do buck the trend and say no when thier superiors are being dicks. We only have one in our office who does that and he's a decent guy he really is, just a shame he's in the minority. You should give credit where its due if you are lucky enough to find a good one, and judge them by what they do rather than by thier job title!

There was also a temporary lino that help me alot when I started, if it wasn't for him I may have quit long ago. Not quite sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing as I may have been better off leaving and finding a proper job when I still had the energy to do so? Either way his heart was in the right place, and yet many would condemn him for just being a lino, which in this case at least would have been wrong! :angel
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by dvbuk55 »

arty_morty wrote:
fishtank wrote:
insubordination :left:
Do me a favour Arty...change your avatar...it isn't very funny. :cuppa
No problem. As soon as an administrator asks. Enjoy your tea.
I think he meant from the tone of your placatory managerial stance the swastika was inappropriate, then perhaps you enjoy heel clicking in the prescence of your leader :hmmmm
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by fishtank »

It doesn't really matter how decent a manager is... you can never really trust them because at some point they will have to choose a side and they will,quite sensibly choose the side that pays their mortgage.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
ShropshireLad
Posts: 100
Joined: 09 Oct 2010, 17:02
Gender: Male

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by ShropshireLad »

We had our results in a couple of weeks ago, and I've never seen such damning comments from virtually everyone in the office, mainly about our DOM. Nice bloke but an incompetant idiot. They are so bad he didn't even post them or discuss them. Just put them in a drawer in his desk. (should have locked it!!) If I was in senior RM management, I'd be seriously worried by HYS results like this. But of course, it's just window dressing. They never do anything about it.
exup13
Posts: 12
Joined: 18 May 2009, 20:28
Gender: Male

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by exup13 »

Whats 'have your say' :chuckle , Is it like that mythical beast called 'first line fix' !!!
Not seen or heard of either for years !
"Jesse, take that doirty thang out ya mouth"
"I can't ma, he's a holdin' ma ears"
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by DGP1 »

For the second time in a row we've had a senior person from the office who sends out the HYS (the actual person in chrage wouldn't come down again after she got ripped apart the last time), they came up with the best excuse I've ever heard (and yet another reason why RM is in the crap it's in now) - and his quote was 'We just ignored all the previous ones but we won't this time' :d'oh! Fills us with confidence :roll:


PS. Still nobody filled them in and I believe that nobody should fill them in again because they are not worth the paper they're written on.

PPS. If you want to vent about your office then you may as well do it on here so that a few more people can read the comments (and all those witty comment don't go to waste :nervous ).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
AlbertoGranado
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male
Location: Under Neon Loneliness

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by AlbertoGranado »

exup13 wrote:Whats 'have your say' :chuckle , Is it like that mythical beast called 'first line fix' !!!
Not seen or heard of either for years !
Its a bit like those rare "lesser spotted" birds people talk about.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

AlbertoGranado wrote:
exup13 wrote:Whats 'have your say' :chuckle , Is it like that mythical beast called 'first line fix' !!!
Not seen or heard of either for years !
Its a bit like those rare "lesser spotted" birds people talk about.
Yes I have yet to see the Lesser Spotted Manager after 1100am on a Saturday.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16740
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Have Your Say results

Post by clashcityrocker »

You need to find out which deliveries he is covering first.... :left:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.