ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal mail courier mag

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by not me »

Pegman wrote:According to this months courier you are entitled to one pair of Magnums or Cats a year, and one pair of boots every two years, I am assuming they are talking office staff there, I can get through a pair of Magnums in three months, so under this new directive where I can only wear RM issued footwear, what do I do for the other nine months....stay at home ?

i wore out the cats in under 2 months
got another set and have a set on order
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by worktotime »

shimmyrule wrote:What a load of shyte, come ti my office and print pics o the mail lyin about for days, cut affs in frame, return letters piled as high as the roof, last weeks packets crammed inta yorks, cardboard box mountains that the homeless could sleep under,who the fook wants to be seen as "world class postie ffs" get a grip eh. :mad
have you noticed its always mail centres that are happy as larry , forget about the delivery side been shafted.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by POSTMAN »

Internal newspaper of the year i'll have you know. :cuppa
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by DGP1 »

worktotime wrote:
shimmyrule wrote:What a load of shyte, come ti my office and print pics o the mail lyin about for days, cut affs in frame, return letters piled as high as the roof, last weeks packets crammed inta yorks, cardboard box mountains that the homeless could sleep under,who the fook wants to be seen as "world class postie ffs" get a grip eh. :mad
have you noticed its always mail centres that are happy as larry , forget about the delivery side been shafted.
Who is this Larry chap because I keep hearing that he's so happy and I'd really like to know his secret :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by brothermagrew »

Larry's secret is simple he has never worked for Royal Mail.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by DirtyHarry »

guvenor wrote:mark them refused and return
I do.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by General Mannerheim »

I like the letters page:especially the one praising Atos who got a postman back to work quicker! :roll:
What a wonderful service they provide!
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by DirtyHarry »

General Mannerheim wrote:I like the letters page:especially the one praising Atos who got a postman back to work quicker! :roll:
What a wonderful service they provide!
Good grief!
Sounds like the Daily Sport gone mad!!!
I'm glad I don't bother reading that shyte anymore, The Courier, I mean, not the Daily Sport. :Very Happy
chelseachris
Posts: 164
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 14:28
Gender: Male

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by chelseachris »

Most of the offers that are in the courier don't even apply in Northern Ireland remember the good attendance vouchers.
london sub
Posts: 397
Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by london sub »

The mag is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

It wants everybody to make believe everything is ok in the wonderful world of royal fail. I bet you that 99% of posties that recieve this tripe don't agree with what there saying...i certainly don't!

Oh and another thing, i've never seen so many happy posties...i wonder if they got paid a tenner each just to smile.
axeman
Posts: 1733
Joined: 12 Jun 2007, 17:57

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by axeman »

nice photo....................... of moya the destroyer :cuppa
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by RedBagMan »

Not opened it yet - but was impressed with the two "healthcare" flyers that dropped out ... :chuckle
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
AlbertoGranado
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male
Location: Under Neon Loneliness

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by AlbertoGranado »

clashcityrocker wrote:
guvenor wrote:mark them refused and return
But then I would have missed the story about the postie and his apple juice and the one who mends clocks in his spare time.
reiveting read them :roll:
AlbertoGranado
Posts: 57
Joined: 25 Apr 2010, 15:16
Gender: Male
Location: Under Neon Loneliness

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by AlbertoGranado »

DirtyHarry wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:I like the letters page:especially the one praising Atos who got a postman back to work quicker! :roll:
What a wonderful service they provide!
Good grief!
Sounds like the Daily Sport gone mad!!!
I'm glad I don't bother reading that shyte anymore, The Courier, I mean, not the Daily Sport. :Very Happy
when i'm out i hide the courier inside a copy of the sport.....just incase i meet someone that knows me
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: Royal mail courier mag

Post by dubdaz »

I get my postman to sticker it up 'refused' as I realised everytime I read it, it winds me right up.Much easier to send the crap back,if everyone did this theymight get the message it f***s us off being taken for fools.
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.