I'm with you, Phantom.Phantom wrote:Why help these crap managers cut hours and jobs? don't be a fool, leave it to them to f**k it all up thats what they get paid extra for, its not your job to do itTank wrote:Our union rep is on long term sick at the mo. We had a WTL this morning saying the revision is goin to start in november for roll out next march. I suggested that I would stand in for our rep and help with the revision as I am one of the senior men in our office and have experiance on most walks. Would this be ok and any thoughts or suggestions on helping with the revision?
Royal Mail wants to make savings, fine, let them make savings, the CWU should not be collaborating with management in an exercise which aims to cut duties, therefore cut staffing numbers, numbers which are already pitifully too low as it is.
Already, I am getting that sense of deja vu which always accompanies a sell-out of members by CWU top brass.
A crap deal which gave us nothing, and gave management carte blanche to carry on slashing and burning their way through our industry, has left front-line staff all over Britain facing revisions which will usher in yet more changes to T&Cs, and will leave our jobs just that little bit more shyte than before.
I sense that revisions in a lot of offices are being rushed as per usual, I sense local management in some areas are trying it on because the CWU is particularly weak in those areas, and therefore, I sense that 99.9% of front-line staff, no matter how inclusive their reps felt in being involved on the hatchet job on duties, staff will see yet a further nosedive in job satisfaction levels.
As I said before, Royal Mail wants to make savings, fine, let them make savings. But when those savings are made at the expense of members terms & conditions, then,and only then, should the CWU be seen anywhere near the carnage caused by the worker-hating bosses of this once great public institution, and then, only as combatants, not collaborators.