I can.mazza111 wrote:
I just can't see them getting rid of one of the busier days, and the one day of the week where we seem to get rid of almost everything.
Most businesses operate on a MON-FRI working week, these businesses expect their mail MON through to FRI, Saturday they're shut and a mail delivery is pretty pointless.
Of those that operate on a Saturday, mainly the big retailers, Saturday is their busiest day for trading and I would guess that a delivery of post not high on their list of priorities. If it should so happen that some will insist on a delivery of post, I'm sure something will be arranged and they will pay through the nose for it. Market forces in action, as they say.
I had no qualms about working Saturday until a reasonable time, but I'm damned if I'll lift a finger to stop Saturdays with a possible 3pm finish from disappearing altogether.