ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Huw's draining experience

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Huw's draining experience

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business-i ... -27276795/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuel was very much the topic of conversation at Wales & West Utilities’ corporate box at the Swalec stadium last week for the Twenty20 England v Pakistan match.

And it all centred on the lateness of Huw Roberts, the Royal Mail group’s director of Welsh Affairs.

En route to the game in his wife’s car, Huw stopped off for petrol. He filled the tank, but then faced the dreaded dilemma of whether he had used the right fuel – diesel or unleaded?

Instead of leaving things to chance by turning on the engine, Huw opted for the tank to be drained.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Huw's draining experience

Post by DGP1 »

And he's one of the people who's running (or should that be ruining) RM, never in my life have I put petrol in a diesel or diesel in a petrol - maybe that's the reason I can't climb the ladder in business :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Huw's draining experience

Post by POSTMAN »

Is he f***ing thick?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Huw's draining experience

Post by smokerjim »

POSTMAN wrote:Is he f***ing thick?
Huw Roberts, the Royal Mail group’s director of Welsh Affairs
Ya think? :roll:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: Huw's draining experience

Post by BELIAL »

Huw, dew ,what can you do ,was it petrol or derv.As for windy miller :evil/mad
Bye
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Huw's draining experience

Post by smokerjim »

I've just remembered something...it would have said on the reciept if he filled up with diesel or petrol, so a quick look could of saved him some time and money ( & I'm sure he'd class his freebie as a "business networking opportunity", so would have got a reciept for expenses )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Huw's draining experience

Post by baldrick »

If he hadn't yet turned on the engine, he must have still been at the pump.
Even if he couldn't remember which pump he had used he could have asked at the payment booth.
He must have been distracted by thinking of the free food and booze waiting for him in the corporate hospitality box.
It's a hard life for RM managers.