http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business-i ... -27276795/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fuel was very much the topic of conversation at Wales & West Utilities’ corporate box at the Swalec stadium last week for the Twenty20 England v Pakistan match.
And it all centred on the lateness of Huw Roberts, the Royal Mail group’s director of Welsh Affairs.
En route to the game in his wife’s car, Huw stopped off for petrol. He filled the tank, but then faced the dreaded dilemma of whether he had used the right fuel – diesel or unleaded?
Instead of leaving things to chance by turning on the engine, Huw opted for the tank to be drained.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Huw's draining experience
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Huw's draining experience
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Huw's draining experience
And he's one of the people who's running (or should that be ruining) RM, never in my life have I put petrol in a diesel or diesel in a petrol - maybe that's the reason I can't climb the ladder in business 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Huw's draining experience
Is he f***ing thick?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Huw's draining experience
POSTMAN wrote:Is he f***ing thick?
Ya think?Huw Roberts, the Royal Mail group’s director of Welsh Affairs
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: Huw's draining experience
Huw, dew ,what can you do ,was it petrol or derv.As for windy miller 
Bye
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Huw's draining experience
I've just remembered something...it would have said on the reciept if he filled up with diesel or petrol, so a quick look could of saved him some time and money ( & I'm sure he'd class his freebie as a "business networking opportunity", so would have got a reciept for expenses )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Huw's draining experience
If he hadn't yet turned on the engine, he must have still been at the pump.
Even if he couldn't remember which pump he had used he could have asked at the payment booth.
He must have been distracted by thinking of the free food and booze waiting for him in the corporate hospitality box.
It's a hard life for RM managers.
Even if he couldn't remember which pump he had used he could have asked at the payment booth.
He must have been distracted by thinking of the free food and booze waiting for him in the corporate hospitality box.
It's a hard life for RM managers.