ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RAIN!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
General Mannerheim
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
Gender: Male
Location: Stalag 17

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by General Mannerheim »

Aprilaydee wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
The other shoes still weren't dry by the day after that, even after stuffing them with newspaper. I feared I would get trench foot.
Turn your shoes on their sides, then position a hiardryer a couple fo inches away and let them have it, one at a time. usually takes about 10 minutes per shoe. :Very Happy
My hairdryer won't stay on that long before it overheats and cuts out. I'm not buying a new one just to dry off crappy RM shoes!

Last winter, I put my shoes on the radiator during the evening while the heating was on. I do NOT have smelly feet but those shoes absolutely reeked! My lounge didn't smell very nice... The wallpaper was nearly peeling off :nervous :chuckle :crazy:
That's probably whats set your headaches off. :whistle
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by Eric Cantona »

One of these you want mate, keep your bundle just under your napper, they are on E Bay from China.... I have one, my office laughs at me but my neck and mail is dry..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Aprilaydee wrote:
wiganpostie wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
The other shoes still weren't dry by the day after that, even after stuffing them with newspaper. I feared I would get trench foot.
Turn your shoes on their sides, then position a hiardryer a couple fo inches away and let them have it, one at a time. usually takes about 10 minutes per shoe. :Very Happy
My hairdryer won't stay on that long before it overheats and cuts out. I'm not buying a new one just to dry off crappy RM shoes!

Last winter, I put my shoes on the radiator during the evening while the heating was on. I do NOT have smelly feet but those shoes absolutely reeked! My lounge didn't smell very nice... The wallpaper was nearly peeling off :nervous :chuckle :crazy:
If there's one thing I can't stand it's a lounge that doesn't smell very nice. :shock: :sad: :shock:
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by goldy »

I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

goldy wrote:I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .
and do CAPITALS fend off the rain ? :crazy: :crazy:
goldy
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by goldy »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
goldy wrote:I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .
and do CAPITALS fend off the rain ? :crazy: :crazy:

its not capitals its high case old timer.....
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

goldy wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
goldy wrote:I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .
and do CAPITALS fend off the rain ? :crazy: :crazy:

its not capitals its high case old timer.....
From my days of letterpress printing on an old Adana machine I know it as Upper Case, not High Case, but thought you might better understand the simple 'Capitals'. :nana :nana
Terry Butcher
Posts: 107
Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by Terry Butcher »

We're used to the rain here in the North West but the last few months have been dire. I reckon we must have had only 5-6 completely dry days in the whole of August, July was pretty much the same and September hasn't been much better so far. Ever since the hosepipe ban was introduced (in England's wettest region :crazy: ) It has pretty much done nothing but rain. :sad: All the usual methods of keeping yourself and the mail dry just delay the inevitable, you always end up wet no matter what.

I'm hoping for another cold winter, cold usually means dry and bright and I'll take that over mild and wet any day!
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by TeeferTiger »

http://www.welshicons.org.uk/html/water.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Several of the towns I've worked in are on that list of wettest towns in Wales lol

And my lounge doesn't smell anymore!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Aprilaydee wrote:http://www.welshicons.org.uk/html/water.php

Several of the towns I've worked in are on that list of wettest towns in Wales lol

And my lounge doesn't smell anymore!
:nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by Caniel »

Line your pouch with those yellow liners that come with new pouches they work a treat, and put specials in a damaged/redirection bag. Some sort of A4 kids school wallet is a great idea for keeping the bungle dry.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by DGP1 »

Forecast for light showers today.............torrential rain for an hours (which flowed down the road like a river) so I go soaked but stangely the mail was sort of ok :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by BELIAL »

Now I don't want to cause any envy,but believe it or not ,we've only had 2 wet days since mid April :chuckle :chuckle Straight up :chuckle
Bye
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by POSTMAN »

Has Swinton moved yet. :hmmmm :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: RAIN!!!

Post by BELIAL »

:shhhhh
Bye