That's probably whats set your headaches off.Aprilaydee wrote:My hairdryer won't stay on that long before it overheats and cuts out. I'm not buying a new one just to dry off crappy RM shoes!wiganpostie wrote:Turn your shoes on their sides, then position a hiardryer a couple fo inches away and let them have it, one at a time. usually takes about 10 minutes per shoe.Aprilaydee wrote:
The other shoes still weren't dry by the day after that, even after stuffing them with newspaper. I feared I would get trench foot.
Last winter, I put my shoes on the radiator during the evening while the heating was on. I do NOT have smelly feet but those shoes absolutely reeked! My lounge didn't smell very nice... The wallpaper was nearly peeling off![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
RAIN!!!
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: RAIN!!!
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: RAIN!!!
One of these you want mate, keep your bundle just under your napper, they are on E Bay from China.... I have one, my office laughs at me but my neck and mail is dry..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: RAIN!!!
If there's one thing I can't stand it's a lounge that doesn't smell very nice.Aprilaydee wrote:My hairdryer won't stay on that long before it overheats and cuts out. I'm not buying a new one just to dry off crappy RM shoes!wiganpostie wrote:Turn your shoes on their sides, then position a hiardryer a couple fo inches away and let them have it, one at a time. usually takes about 10 minutes per shoe.Aprilaydee wrote:
The other shoes still weren't dry by the day after that, even after stuffing them with newspaper. I feared I would get trench foot.
Last winter, I put my shoes on the radiator during the evening while the heating was on. I do NOT have smelly feet but those shoes absolutely reeked! My lounge didn't smell very nice... The wallpaper was nearly peeling off![]()
![]()
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
Re: RAIN!!!
I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: RAIN!!!
and do CAPITALS fend off the rain ?goldy wrote:I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .
-
goldy
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 13:58
- Gender: Male
Re: RAIN!!!
Lounge Lizard wrote:and do CAPITALS fend off the rain ?goldy wrote:I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .![]()
its not capitals its high case old timer.....
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: RAIN!!!
From my days of letterpress printing on an old Adana machine I know it as Upper Case, not High Case, but thought you might better understand the simple 'Capitals'.goldy wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote:and do CAPITALS fend off the rain ?goldy wrote:I HAVE OFTEN THOUGHT A VERY THIN PLASTIC A4 SHEET OR SLIGHTLY LARGER PLACED STRATEGICALLY ACROSS THE FRAME WOULD HELP. PUT IN PRE PREP. ITS SUCH A SIMPLE IDEA BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO HAVE THOUGHT OF IT YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN I ALSO THINK EXTRA TIME SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COMPLETE BUT THATS MAYBE UNREALISTIC THESE DAYS IT TAKES LONGER TO DELIVER IN RAIN .![]()
its not capitals its high case old timer.....
-
Terry Butcher
- Posts: 107
- Joined: 05 Jun 2010, 19:07
- Gender: Male
Re: RAIN!!!
We're used to the rain here in the North West but the last few months have been dire. I reckon we must have had only 5-6 completely dry days in the whole of August, July was pretty much the same and September hasn't been much better so far. Ever since the hosepipe ban was introduced (in England's wettest region
) It has pretty much done nothing but rain.
All the usual methods of keeping yourself and the mail dry just delay the inevitable, you always end up wet no matter what.
I'm hoping for another cold winter, cold usually means dry and bright and I'll take that over mild and wet any day!
I'm hoping for another cold winter, cold usually means dry and bright and I'll take that over mild and wet any day!
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: RAIN!!!
http://www.welshicons.org.uk/html/water.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Several of the towns I've worked in are on that list of wettest towns in Wales lol
And my lounge doesn't smell anymore!
Several of the towns I've worked in are on that list of wettest towns in Wales lol
And my lounge doesn't smell anymore!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: RAIN!!!
Aprilaydee wrote:http://www.welshicons.org.uk/html/water.php
Several of the towns I've worked in are on that list of wettest towns in Wales lol
And my lounge doesn't smell anymore!
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: RAIN!!!
Line your pouch with those yellow liners that come with new pouches they work a treat, and put specials in a damaged/redirection bag. Some sort of A4 kids school wallet is a great idea for keeping the bungle dry.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: RAIN!!!
Forecast for light showers today.............torrential rain for an hours (which flowed down the road like a river) so I go soaked but stangely the mail was sort of ok 
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: RAIN!!!
Now I don't want to cause any envy,but believe it or not ,we've only had 2 wet days since mid April
Straight up 
Bye
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: RAIN!!!
Has Swinton moved yet.

I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.