ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The service button

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The service button

Post by DGP1 »

stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Ah right................that service button, silly me :oops:
:no no PLEEEEEEEESE, it's getting too near Sunday for the ribaldry to start, anyway, talking about buzzers, do you know where the saying you can ring my bells comes from?
I do but I'm not telling. :whistle
Was it Chuck Berry and his little ding a ling?
:hmmmm No--------and I'm still not telling--- :Sick
Do you have to plug it in :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: The service button

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Ah right................that service button, silly me :oops:
:no no PLEEEEEEEESE, it's getting too near Sunday for the ribaldry to start, anyway, talking about buzzers, do you know where the saying you can ring my bells comes from?
I do but I'm not telling. :whistle
Was it Chuck Berry and his little ding a ling?
:hmmmm No--------and I'm still not telling--- :Sick
even though beautiful women tend to have a lot of suitors, there might be something quirky about you that just "rings her bell".

OK I give in.
Not to do with Pavlov's dogs is it?!

I don't want to think about this lot salivating when a bell's rung though... or even without the bell.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
redspartapost
Posts: 151
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
Gender: Male

Re: The service button

Post by redspartapost »

in our d.o after 3 succsesive days without gaining entry to stair the lino prints of an a4 sheet stating the postman/woman has been able to gain acsess for 3 days your mail is now available to be collected from the d.o,until such times as a key can be provided or entry system reset.this sheet is stuck to the door of stair and the mail handed in daily to the callers office.after a day or two i am usually given a key or factors reset the time on entry system ,works for me :cuppa
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The service button

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Ah right................that service button, silly me :oops:
:no no PLEEEEEEEESE, it's getting too near Sunday for the ribaldry to start, anyway, talking about buzzers, do you know where the saying you can ring my bells comes from?
I do but I'm not telling. :whistle
Was it Chuck Berry and his little ding a ling?
:hmmmm No--------and I'm still not telling--- :Sick
Do you have to plug it in :nervous
Well you might have to ......................but
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: The service button

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy O'K, I'll tell. In Elizabethen times, bells wereplaced under the beds of newlyweds.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The service button

Post by DGP1 »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy O'K, I'll tell. In Elizabethen times, bells wereplaced under the beds of newlyweds.
They'd have to be big to waken dvb when he goes over :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: The service button

Post by Straight4ward »

They'd have to be big to waken dvb when he goes over
Goes over what exactly, DGP?
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The service button

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy O'K, I'll tell. In Elizabethen times, bells wereplaced under the beds of newlyweds.
:hmmmm Very interesting..................so a tale I was once told as a young man could well be true. Fire engines in the 50s had a bell which was rung vigorously when attending a fire. This old chap regularly made love to his wife on Sunday morning to the cadence of the church bells but suffered a massive coronary when the fire engine went by........................ :angel
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: The service button

Post by TeeferTiger »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy O'K, I'll tell. In Elizabethen times, bells wereplaced under the beds of newlyweds.
I think it was still in practise in the 1800s too.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The service button

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy O'K, I'll tell. In Elizabethen times, bells wereplaced under the beds of newlyweds.
I think it was still in practise in the 1800s too.
Not speaking from personal experience April I hope :angel
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: The service button

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy O'K, I'll tell. In Elizabethen times, bells wereplaced under the beds of newlyweds.
I think it was still in practise in the 1800s too.
Not speaking from personal experience April I hope :angel
Experience of reading books?! lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: The service button

Post by DGP1 »

Straight4ward wrote:
They'd have to be big to waken dvb when he goes over
Goes over what exactly, DGP?
:silenced :silenced I'm not being silenced but gagged :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: The service button

Post by andy2007 »

redspartapost wrote:in our d.o after 3 succsesive days without gaining entry to stair the lino prints of an a4 sheet stating the postman/woman has been able to gain acsess for 3 days your mail is now available to be collected from the d.o,until such times as a key can be provided or entry system reset.this sheet is stuck to the door of stair and the mail handed in daily to the callers office.after a day or two i am usually given a key or factors reset the time on entry system ,works for me :cuppa
Now THAT'S a good idea! :Applause :Applause
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: The service button

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:
They'd have to be big to waken dvb when he goes over
Goes over what exactly, DGP?
:silenced :silenced I'm not being silenced but gagged :wink:
I'm not getting involved in that bondage thingy again DGP - not after the masking tape and lamp post debacle :no no