ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

same old s**t

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: same old s**t

Post by Stormproof »

DGP1 wrote:
Stormproof wrote:Lets hope your work permit don't run out soon eh :wink: When I've won the lottery :pray and move to the South Island they won't be booting me out of the country :cool
I know you.....................they wouldn't let you into Austrailia (along with all the other criminals) let alone New Zealand :wink:
What you trying to say DGP? :angel I don't want to go to Australia, its full of dodgy things like snakes & spiders and convicts :wink: . My kids have dual nationality UK/NZ and I know where I'd rather be :Very Happy
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: same old s**t

Post by pinstripe »

New Zealand, that's where they filmed Lord of the Rings. I bet the place is teeming with Hobbits, Elves and Orcs.

Seriously though, the pics look great and I want you to know that I'm happy your living in Paradise. :evil/mad (just a little jealous)
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: same old s**t

Post by DGP1 »

pinstripe wrote:New Zealand, that's where they filmed Lord of the Rings. I bet the place is teeming with Hobbits, Elves and Orcs.

Seriously though, the pics look great and I want you to know that I'm happy your living in Paradise. :evil/mad (just a little jealous)
Have you been out in the town on a Saturday night, jeez, it looks like the gates of hell have been opened and all the souls have escaped :shock: :shock:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: same old s**t

Post by pinstripe »

DGP1 wrote:
pinstripe wrote:New Zealand, that's where they filmed Lord of the Rings. I bet the place is teeming with Hobbits, Elves and Orcs.

Seriously though, the pics look great and I want you to know that I'm happy your living in Paradise. :evil/mad (just a little jealous)
Have you been out in the town on a Saturday night, jeez, it looks like the gates of hell have been opened and all the souls have escaped :shock: :shock:
Nah, that's going into work on a Saturday morning. That and Night of the Living Dead.
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: same old s**t

Post by jarjar »

Stormproof wrote:Lets hope your work permit don't run out soon eh :wink: When I've won the lottery :pray and move to the South Island they won't be booting me out of the country :cool

no worries about that stormy I won't be booted out as they need tradesmen here i was fortunate to have a trade under me belt before i joined royal mail


you don't have to win the lottery to move here ....just an job offer and a bit of luck and ther guts to go on the otherside of the planet and start again


its cool mate :wink:
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: same old s**t

Post by jarjar »

General Mannerheim wrote:
jarjar wrote:Waiheke island snapper fish fresh from the south pacific tastes great costs nothing

just your time fishing....at weekends after an easy weeks work.....lifes a bitch!!!

that one was a beauty....tasted so good this was what was left after i removed two lovely fillets

have fun

PS the buggers got teeth!
With chips yes or nay? :roll:

well actually that depends.....you panfry the fish in butter lemon a little garlic and onions sprinkle some cracked lemon pepper just a few mins per side its nice with creamy mash carrots and parsley sauce...you can get that here.....or as you said nice with good old chipos


the fish has a unique taste if you over season it you can kill the flavour best thing is its bloody free!! :shock:
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: same old s**t

Post by BELIAL »

Can I come and live in your shed?
Bye
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: same old s**t

Post by jarjar »

pinstripe wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
pinstripe wrote:New Zealand, that's where they filmed Lord of the Rings. I bet the place is teeming with Hobbits, Elves and Orcs.

Seriously though, the pics look great and I want you to know that I'm happy your living in Paradise. :evil/mad (just a little jealous)
Have you been out in the town on a Saturday night, jeez, it looks like the gates of hell have been opened and all the souls have escaped :shock: :shock:
Nah, that's going into work on a Saturday morning. That and Night of the Living Dead.


Haha your right pinstripe the hobbits are everywhere :crazy: no its a totally different life here not many pubs on the island just a few bars.....you go for a few beers relax have a nice night ......no fights......no....who you looking at attutude.....the locals are great made me feel part of the place.... the Island is unique.


thanks mate after years in royal mail and too much stress, it became unbearable I decided to take a chance and get out and for the sake of my sanity i am glad I did.... :Very Happy
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: same old s**t

Post by jarjar »

BELIAL wrote:Can I come and live in your shed?
you say about sheds, here the building regs are more relaxed than in the UK so you can actually have what they call a sleepout as long as you have the room to build it, these are like another house in your garden...bloody unreal

i live in a beachside appartment next door my neighbours house is a $1.5 mill house....but the thing is there is no snobbary here.....a guy and his wife just brought an appartment two blocks away......(holiday getaway) he lives in Auckland....this holiday appartment cost him $450.......he and his wife invited us in for drinks.....never me them before.....turns out hes an airline pilot.......again there are prople here that are loaded but there is no class wars
and they are really interested in us Poms!!! :shock:
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: same old s**t

Post by Stormproof »

http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Christchurch has suffered nearly 500 aftershocks since the initial quake. It must be really unnerving knowing another big one could hit.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: same old s**t

Post by jarjar »

Stormproof wrote:http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/
Christchurch has suffered nearly 500 aftershocks since the initial quake. It must be really unnerving knowing another big one could hit.
yes its been bad down there the guy i work for has family down there, got a call from his son when the quake was happening
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: same old s**t

Post by andy2007 »

Is his Family ok?
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
jarjar
Posts: 22
Joined: 04 Sep 2010, 03:41
Gender: Male

Re: same old s**t

Post by jarjar »

andy2007 wrote:Is his Family ok?
yep all good no deaths down there
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: same old s**t

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jarjar wrote:
Stormproof wrote:http://www.christchurchquakemap.co.nz/
Christchurch has suffered nearly 500 aftershocks since the initial quake. It must be really unnerving knowing another big one could hit.
yes its been bad down there the guy i work for has family down there, got a call from his son when the quake was happening

Jarjar hope you are ok and that your work mates family are as well. Sounds bad in New Zealand at the moment.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.