ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Mail figures drop...my arse!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
paggis
Posts: 8
Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 19:01

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by paggis »

they say the mail is down 10% but forget to say staffing is down 35% :crazy:
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by Big Daz »

paggis wrote:they say the mail is down 10% but forget to say staffing is down 35% :crazy:

:Applause :Applause :Applause
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by bensonhedge »

haveagojoe wrote:Mail volumes are down its true its in the Courier so it must be true. :whistle
are those people in the courier real and if so do they really work for the royal mail?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by fishtank »

bensonhedge wrote:
haveagojoe wrote:Mail volumes are down its true its in the Courier so it must be true. :whistle
are those people in the courier real and if so do they really work for the royal mail?
No,they are a result of Thatcher's push towards "care in the community" in the 1980's.
At one point our mental institutions were full of people thinking they were Napoleon.
Now these fake D.O.s are populated by people who think they are Royal Mail employees....it's a form of very low self-esteem.
It's all very sad really. :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bedfordrl
Posts: 386
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
Gender: Male
Location: North East Hampshire

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by bedfordrl »

Our local delivery office (not where we work) had the dubious honour of appearing in the Courier ,I tackled one of the lads about the bull printed and it was exactly that,bull.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by krussel »

paggis wrote:they say the mail is down 10% but forget to say staffing is down 35% :crazy:

Oh bang on mate :Applause :Applause :Applause

Best post in the thread :dance
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
bexhil palace
Posts: 505
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
Gender: Male
Location: All over the Gaff

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by bexhil palace »

Mail through the roof all this week.
Historically from now on ,the level of mail will increase substantially. Should be interesting, as we can't cope now.
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by Caniel »

My office has failed every day this week, there's not enough people to get the sorting done there's just too much work.
evr
Posts: 1
Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 10:02
Gender: Female

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by evr »

Mail volumes are dropping because of the Royal Mails figures.
A grey letter box on average holds 150 letters (there figures) but actually hold more like 250 letters, do a count in your own office.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by taurus88 »

I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.
seanocelt
Posts: 68
Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 10:05
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by seanocelt »

taurus88 wrote:I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.
our hero. THEY will love you.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by gb93 »

taurus88 wrote:I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.
Sure to be well recieved on here ;liar
Could be the ideal solution to halting them baby killing CDVs :Very Happy
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by fishtank »

gb93 wrote:
taurus88 wrote:I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.
Sure to be well recieved on here ;liar
Could be the ideal solution to halting them baby killing CDVs :Very Happy
It's a great idea gb :Very Happy ...why not take your bags out yourself while your at it? :Very Happy ....and throw your D2D in the boot so you can make it up while you're watching Corrie. :Very Happy Actually it'll save even more time if you just bin the D2D. :Very Happy :chuckle
It makes the job so much easier...and let's face it that's all that matters. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by gb93 »

Twas a bit of sarcasm Fish aimed at the posters on here who think people who use POV are the scourge of the earth.
Yet an idea which puts an end to that (CDV) gets lamblasted by the very same people for very spurious reasons :crazy:
Not every change has to be feared or resisted, it isn't exactly perfect now is it .
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!

Post by fishtank »

It might surprise you to know this gb but i actually like the idea of CDV's,two in a van and park&loop.
I've carried a bag long enough,my knees are shot and i'm not getting any younger.
I do,however fear the longer delivery spans and half-assed implementation that comes with it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share