ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Mail figures drop...my arse!
-
paggis
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 28 Mar 2008, 19:01
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
they say the mail is down 10% but forget to say staffing is down 35% 
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
paggis wrote:they say the mail is down 10% but forget to say staffing is down 35%
-
bensonhedge
- Posts: 448
- Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
are those people in the courier real and if so do they really work for the royal mail?haveagojoe wrote:Mail volumes are down its true its in the Courier so it must be true.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
No,they are a result of Thatcher's push towards "care in the community" in the 1980's.bensonhedge wrote:are those people in the courier real and if so do they really work for the royal mail?haveagojoe wrote:Mail volumes are down its true its in the Courier so it must be true.
At one point our mental institutions were full of people thinking they were Napoleon.
Now these fake D.O.s are populated by people who think they are Royal Mail employees....it's a form of very low self-esteem.
It's all very sad really.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
Our local delivery office (not where we work) had the dubious honour of appearing in the Courier ,I tackled one of the lads about the bull printed and it was exactly that,bull.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
paggis wrote:they say the mail is down 10% but forget to say staffing is down 35%
Oh bang on mate
Best post in the thread
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
bexhil palace
- Posts: 505
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: All over the Gaff
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
Mail through the roof all this week.
Historically from now on ,the level of mail will increase substantially. Should be interesting, as we can't cope now.
Historically from now on ,the level of mail will increase substantially. Should be interesting, as we can't cope now.
-
Caniel
- Posts: 623
- Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Gender: Female
- Location: The Batcave
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
My office has failed every day this week, there's not enough people to get the sorting done there's just too much work.
-
evr
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 10:02
- Gender: Female
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
Mail volumes are dropping because of the Royal Mails figures.
A grey letter box on average holds 150 letters (there figures) but actually hold more like 250 letters, do a count in your own office.
A grey letter box on average holds 150 letters (there figures) but actually hold more like 250 letters, do a count in your own office.
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.
-
seanocelt
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 10:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
our hero. THEY will love you.taurus88 wrote:I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
Sure to be well recieved on heretaurus88 wrote:I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.
Could be the ideal solution to halting them baby killing CDVs
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
It's a great idea gbgb93 wrote:Sure to be well recieved on heretaurus88 wrote:I don't care about the mail being heavy, it's the f*cking packets that kill me. I'm thinking of chucking them in a separate bag and leaving them until I've done all the mail, then just popping along the route in the car and getting them all done.![]()
Could be the ideal solution to halting them baby killing CDVs
It makes the job so much easier...and let's face it that's all that matters.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
Twas a bit of sarcasm Fish aimed at the posters on here who think people who use POV are the scourge of the earth.
Yet an idea which puts an end to that (CDV) gets lamblasted by the very same people for very spurious reasons
Not every change has to be feared or resisted, it isn't exactly perfect now is it .
Yet an idea which puts an end to that (CDV) gets lamblasted by the very same people for very spurious reasons
Not every change has to be feared or resisted, it isn't exactly perfect now is it .
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Mail figures drop...my arse!
It might surprise you to know this gb but i actually like the idea of CDV's,two in a van and park&loop.
I've carried a bag long enough,my knees are shot and i'm not getting any younger.
I do,however fear the longer delivery spans and half-assed implementation that comes with it.
I've carried a bag long enough,my knees are shot and i'm not getting any younger.
I do,however fear the longer delivery spans and half-assed implementation that comes with it.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share