Well, yes, but we're all using this forum rather that writing to each otherREDLETTER wrote:Says it all...........this chap got an email!
What happened to the postal service!![]()
![]()
We're all doomed!
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
New Starter - possibly?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: New Starter - possibly?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New Starter - possibly?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16740
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: New Starter - possibly?
TBT - I think that is the advice for new reps not new starters.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
BELIAL
- Posts: 6758
- Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
- Gender: Female
- Location: Nowhere
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Jesus ,you're right ,can't remember the last time I wrote to Borders about the problem with my bike panierLounge Lizard wrote:Well, yes, but we're all using this forum rather that writing to each otherREDLETTER wrote:Says it all...........this chap got an email!
What happened to the postal service!![]()
![]()
We're all doomed!easier, cheaper and much quicker isn't it ?
Bye
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: New Starter - possibly?
It's hard
Last edited by post_bitch on 30 Aug 2010, 09:21, edited 7 times in total.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Harry_Perkins
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter - possibly?
A lot of the issues here vary nationwide, it should be said. Newbies could end up in a decent office and think it's a great job. In my office, for example, we still have job and finish!! And in fairness, on my walk, I come in at 6, take half my meal relief and I'm still done at 11am-11.30am on a Tuesday and Saturday, 12.30-1pm at the latest the rest of the week. This is considered a medium walk - 507 DPs! This is also including IPS, don't use my car, no rushing about, correct weight for bags, no doorstepping etc. This is why I'm still among the last people back (that is, of those, among the few who do actually come back). I have the PHG man taking the piss about how I take my time! Still, this won't last forever. Reality will eventually arrive here and everywhere else too.
Last edited by Harry_Perkins on 29 Aug 2010, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: New Starter - possibly?
nice one ... Hits harder when it will catch up tho if it does if I was u I'd take advantage and get stuck into soHarry_Perkins wrote:A lot of the issues here vary nationwide, it should be said. Newbies could end up in a decent office and think it's a great job. In my office, for example, we still have job and finish!! And in fairness, on my walk, I come in at 6, take half my meal relief and I'm still done at 11am-11.30am on a Tuesday, 12.30-1pm at the latest the rest of the week. This is including IPS, don't use my car, no rushing about, correct weight for bags, no doorstepping etc. This is why I'm still among the latest people back. I have the PHG man taking the piss about how I take my time! Still, this won't last forever. Reality will eventually arrive here and everywhere else too.
e studying whe u still have it easy bcos when it's hard lifes a drain and your life goes down it
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
Harry_Perkins
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Oh yeah, I've been studying for the most part and I'm leaving just after Christmas to continue further. Still, I've learned a lot over my 3 years in terms of speaking up and not talking any s**t. Largely inspired by others my office and the arguments put forward on here. That is why I say to those who do the job properly: don't ever give it up. You might think you're banging your head against a brick wall but at least you have your self-respect and you are encouraging others to join you in having a go.post_bitch wrote:nice one ... Hits harder when it will catch up tho if it does if I was u I'd take advantage and get stuck into soHarry_Perkins wrote:A lot of the issues here vary nationwide, it should be said. Newbies could end up in a decent office and think it's a great job. In my office, for example, we still have job and finish!! And in fairness, on my walk, I come in at 6, take half my meal relief and I'm still done at 11am-11.30am on a Tuesday, 12.30-1pm at the latest the rest of the week. This is including IPS, don't use my car, no rushing about, correct weight for bags, no doorstepping etc. This is why I'm still among the latest people back. I have the PHG man taking the piss about how I take my time! Still, this won't last forever. Reality will eventually arrive here and everywhere else too.
e studying whe u still have it easy bcos when it's hard lifes a drain and your life goes down it
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Must feel good to k ow u have a get out plan to be honest this job means nothing to me due to the pay packet the only thing that makes me think twice is how I felt getting the job thinking I'd never get a postie job .. But once your in it's a different story dreaming that you'd done better at school or college putting up with crap u do there watching all the normal peoe go by having a nice easy day without exhaustion can I get a job earning 150 or more a week? You know it's bad when the bucket mengo past and there lagging at you bcos of ur pathetic
little job while they earn nearly double you are with less crap to deal with on a daily basis .
little job while they earn nearly double you are with less crap to deal with on a daily basis .
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
whitemoor66
- Posts: 138
- Joined: 08 May 2009, 23:50
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Is it just me or is Post Bitch's posts a little bit erratic and illegible of late?
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter - possibly?
whitemoor66 wrote:Is it just me or is Post Bitch's posts a little bit erratic and illegible of late?
She has been drinking, look at the time of post!!
-
whitemoor66
- Posts: 138
- Joined: 08 May 2009, 23:50
- Gender: Male
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Oh, I thought it was just me. Thanks.
-
NEmallard
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Still no contact from Royal Mail.
maybe it means i aint got the job now?
maybe it means i aint got the job now?
working for Royal Mail, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.......
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Unlikely it took them 8 weeks to contact me when I started - However, might be worth making a friendly call to the contact name and number if you have one, just to remind them your there. It will also show willingness to work as well.andrewcoates77 wrote:Still no contact from Royal Mail.
maybe it means i aint got the job now?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NEmallard
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:56
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East
Re: New Starter - possibly?
Got the job - start monday.
So here we go! -- sink or swim - I am up for it
:)
So here we go! -- sink or swim - I am up for it
:)
working for Royal Mail, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.......