ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New Starter - possibly?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

REDLETTER wrote:Says it all...........this chap got an email!

What happened to the postal service! :Very Happy :crazy:

We're all doomed! :wink:
Well, yes, but we're all using this forum rather that writing to each other :shock: easier, cheaper and much quicker isn't it ? :shock:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

new starter hellish.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16741
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by clashcityrocker »

TBT - I think that is the advice for new reps not new starters.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by BELIAL »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
REDLETTER wrote:Says it all...........this chap got an email!

What happened to the postal service! :Very Happy :crazy:

We're all doomed! :wink:
Well, yes, but we're all using this forum rather that writing to each other :shock: easier, cheaper and much quicker isn't it ? :shock:
Jesus ,you're right ,can't remember the last time I wrote to Borders about the problem with my bike panier :left: Nice one LL :chuckle
Bye
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by post_bitch »

It's hard
Last edited by post_bitch on 30 Aug 2010, 09:21, edited 7 times in total.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Harry_Perkins
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
Gender: Male

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by Harry_Perkins »

A lot of the issues here vary nationwide, it should be said. Newbies could end up in a decent office and think it's a great job. In my office, for example, we still have job and finish!! And in fairness, on my walk, I come in at 6, take half my meal relief and I'm still done at 11am-11.30am on a Tuesday and Saturday, 12.30-1pm at the latest the rest of the week. This is considered a medium walk - 507 DPs! This is also including IPS, don't use my car, no rushing about, correct weight for bags, no doorstepping etc. This is why I'm still among the last people back (that is, of those, among the few who do actually come back). I have the PHG man taking the piss about how I take my time! Still, this won't last forever. Reality will eventually arrive here and everywhere else too.
Last edited by Harry_Perkins on 29 Aug 2010, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by post_bitch »

Harry_Perkins wrote:A lot of the issues here vary nationwide, it should be said. Newbies could end up in a decent office and think it's a great job. In my office, for example, we still have job and finish!! And in fairness, on my walk, I come in at 6, take half my meal relief and I'm still done at 11am-11.30am on a Tuesday, 12.30-1pm at the latest the rest of the week. This is including IPS, don't use my car, no rushing about, correct weight for bags, no doorstepping etc. This is why I'm still among the latest people back. I have the PHG man taking the piss about how I take my time! Still, this won't last forever. Reality will eventually arrive here and everywhere else too.
nice one ... Hits harder when it will catch up tho if it does if I was u I'd take advantage and get stuck into so
e studying whe u still have it easy bcos when it's hard lifes a drain and your life goes down it
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Harry_Perkins
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
Gender: Male

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by Harry_Perkins »

post_bitch wrote:
Harry_Perkins wrote:A lot of the issues here vary nationwide, it should be said. Newbies could end up in a decent office and think it's a great job. In my office, for example, we still have job and finish!! And in fairness, on my walk, I come in at 6, take half my meal relief and I'm still done at 11am-11.30am on a Tuesday, 12.30-1pm at the latest the rest of the week. This is including IPS, don't use my car, no rushing about, correct weight for bags, no doorstepping etc. This is why I'm still among the latest people back. I have the PHG man taking the piss about how I take my time! Still, this won't last forever. Reality will eventually arrive here and everywhere else too.
nice one ... Hits harder when it will catch up tho if it does if I was u I'd take advantage and get stuck into so
e studying whe u still have it easy bcos when it's hard lifes a drain and your life goes down it
Oh yeah, I've been studying for the most part and I'm leaving just after Christmas to continue further. Still, I've learned a lot over my 3 years in terms of speaking up and not talking any s**t. Largely inspired by others my office and the arguments put forward on here. That is why I say to those who do the job properly: don't ever give it up. You might think you're banging your head against a brick wall but at least you have your self-respect and you are encouraging others to join you in having a go.
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by post_bitch »

Must feel good to k ow u have a get out plan to be honest this job means nothing to me due to the pay packet the only thing that makes me think twice is how I felt getting the job thinking I'd never get a postie job .. But once your in it's a different story dreaming that you'd done better at school or college putting up with crap u do there watching all the normal peoe go by having a nice easy day without exhaustion can I get a job earning 150 or more a week? You know it's bad when the bucket mengo past and there lagging at you bcos of ur pathetic
little job while they earn nearly double you are with less crap to deal with on a daily basis .
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
whitemoor66
Posts: 138
Joined: 08 May 2009, 23:50
Gender: Male

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by whitemoor66 »

Is it just me or is Post Bitch's posts a little bit erratic and illegible of late?
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by hantsman »

whitemoor66 wrote:Is it just me or is Post Bitch's posts a little bit erratic and illegible of late?

She has been drinking, look at the time of post!!
whitemoor66
Posts: 138
Joined: 08 May 2009, 23:50
Gender: Male

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by whitemoor66 »

Oh, I thought it was just me. Thanks.
NEmallard
Posts: 103
Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:56
Gender: Male
Location: North East

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by NEmallard »

Still no contact from Royal Mail.

maybe it means i aint got the job now?
working for Royal Mail, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.......
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

andrewcoates77 wrote:Still no contact from Royal Mail.

maybe it means i aint got the job now?
Unlikely it took them 8 weeks to contact me when I started - However, might be worth making a friendly call to the contact name and number if you have one, just to remind them your there. It will also show willingness to work as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
NEmallard
Posts: 103
Joined: 17 Aug 2010, 09:56
Gender: Male
Location: North East

Re: New Starter - possibly?

Post by NEmallard »

Got the job - start monday.


So here we go! -- sink or swim - I am up for it

:)
working for Royal Mail, is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.......