I don't agree with Dingo's attitude to the 2010 deal. But to attack him like that is totally uncalled for. Personally, I have a great deal of respect for him, for sticking to his principles. Anyone can stand up for what they believe in, when there's plenty of support. But it takes a strong, principled person to stand up for what they believe in, when they're out on a limb like Dingo. I still think he's wrong to support the deal. But as a person I hold him in high regard.
If you were at a meeting, or on a Forum, where everyone else supported the deal, and were attacking anyone who didn't support it. Would you still be able to argue so consistantly against it?
I don't know if you could or not (I don't know you well enough to know one way or the other). But many people would end up going quiet, under such opposition. If they didn't have people to back them up.