ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Enviromental officer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

stokes11eg wrote: :shock: Whilst delivering half a rain forest disguised as d/d's, and choking on the fumes of all the vans getting ready to leave in the mornings,I cannot take this role seriously. It's a talk shop, nothing more.And the Union has better things they could be spending our money on.
Although I understand and accept the first part of your argument, I disagree with the rest. Only by questioning RMs Policies and positions, and highlighting their inconsistencies and flaws can we have a chance of changing them.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by Straight4ward »

Whilst delivering half a rain forest disguised as d/d's,
Although I understand and accept the first part of your argument,
Just on a point of order, the trees in rainforests are hardwoods and are unsuitable for the manufacture of paper. (Sorry to be an arse, LOL.)
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by fishtank »

Straight4ward wrote: Just on a point of order, the trees in rainforests are hardwoods and are unsuitable for the manufacture of paper. (Sorry to be an arse, LOL.)

Just on another point of order it is common for natural hardwood forests to be destroyed to make room for softwood plantations used in the manufacturing of paper...they call them pulp farms. (Sorry to be an even bigger arse LOL)
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by stokes11eg »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stokes11eg wrote: :shock: Whilst delivering half a rain forest disguised as d/d's, and choking on the fumes of all the vans getting ready to leave in the mornings,I cannot take this role seriously. It's a talk shop, nothing more.And the Union has better things they could be spending our money on.
Although I understand and accept the first part of your argument, I disagree with the rest. Only by questioning RMs Policies and positions, and highlighting their inconsistencies and flaws can we have a chance of changing them.
:Very Happy Have the Union ever managed to change R/M's point of view on anything?!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Strikes - they have always moved their position when we have walked - ok may be not as far as we wanted, but we have always influenced the outcome. :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by stokes11eg »

fishtank wrote:
Straight4ward wrote: Just on a point of order, the trees in rainforests are hardwoods and are unsuitable for the manufacture of paper. (Sorry to be an arse, LOL.)

Just on another point of order it is common for natural hardwood forests to be destroyed to make room for softwood plantations used in the manufacturing of paper...they call them pulp farms. (Sorry to be an even bigger arse LOL)
:Very Happy =O'K I get your point! But, the planet is doomed anyway--all this environmental stuff is too little too late----.wonder how much damage has been done to the planet by nearly a century of warfare? The point I was trying to make is that most people only pay lip service to these issues--preaching but not practicing--you know the kind of (thing, telling others not to use cars, but using their own, and flying abeoad)
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by fishtank »

You can't be a Capitalist Environmentalist....just like you can't be a Humanitarian Cannibal.
It is far more dangerous to the planet to "think" that you are saving it with all of this middle class wringing of hands and "carbon neutral" bollox and tripping off down to your local recycling centre just to see it all shipped away and dumped on a beach in India or Africa for the local kids to rummage through.
To save this planet...not for us mind you because we don't feckin deserve it,but for the millions of species that haven't managed to feck it up would need such a fundamental change in the human psyche it would probably take a visitation from God him/herself to bring it about.
The only realistic possibility would be a massive jolt like the deaths of a couple of million people...but let's be completely honest here....unless they were white middle-cllass Americans would even that make a difference.
Maybe if all of us die first it may give the dolphins a chance........
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by TeeferTiger »

fishtank wrote:You can't be a Capitalist Environmentalist....just like you can't be a Humanitarian Cannibal.
It is far more dangerous to the planet to "think" that you are saving it with all of this middle class wringing of hands and "carbon neutral" bollox and tripping off down to your local recycling centre just to see it all shipped away and dumped on a beach in India or Africa for the local kids to rummage through.
To save this planet...not for us mind you because we don't feckin deserve it,but for the millions of species that haven't managed to feck it up would need such a fundamental change in the human psyche it would probably take a visitation from God him/herself to bring it about.
The only realistic possibility would be a massive jolt like the deaths of a couple of million people...but let's be completely honest here....unless they were white middle-cllass Americans would even that make a difference.
Maybe if all of us die first it may give the dolphins a chance........
So long and thanks for all the fish?

I do feel very angry about human arrogance and how we feel we have more of a right to this planet than any other species on it. I'm not exactly a buddhist (I love a shower and don't feel the need to apologise for killing fleas/bacteria) but I do feel there's a complete lack of respect for wildlife and other animals who have been in sharp decline since "we" decided we wanted more land for us.

"And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning"
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by fishtank »

Aprilaydee wrote:
So long and thanks for all the fish? :left: :left:

I do feel very angry about human arrogance and how we feel we have more of a right to this planet than any other species on it.
. . . imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in..an interesting hole I find myself in...fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for....Douglas Adams.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by stokes11eg »

fishtank wrote:You can't be a Capitalist Environmentalist....just like you can't be a Humanitarian Cannibal.
It is far more dangerous to the planet to "think" that you are saving it with all of this middle class wringing of hands and "carbon neutral" bollox and tripping off down to your local recycling centre just to see it all shipped away and dumped on a beach in India or Africa for the local kids to rummage through.
To save this planet...not for us mind you because we don't feckin deserve it,but for the millions of species that haven't managed to feck it up would need such a fundamental change in the human psyche it would probably take a visitation from God him/herself to bring it about.
The only realistic possibility would be a massive jolt like the deaths of a couple of million people...but let's be completely honest here....unless they were white middle-cllass Americans would even that make a difference.
Maybe if all of us die first it may give the dolphins a chance........
:sad: Very sad but true--the only chance this planet has is to see the human race die out---talking won't save it! If all the programmes I have watched, or all the books I have read on this subject are true, we have roughly another 16 years before the planet, no matter what we do now, will be past the point of no return, but, that realistic jolt you talk about , wether from God or nature, might just happen! it has many times in the past, so maybe, just maybe!
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by stokes11eg »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Strikes - they have always moved their position when we have walked - ok may be not as far as we wanted, but we have always influenced the outcome. :Very Happy
:Very Happy Maybe, but thanks to the same Union, we are not able to strike now, fo :d'oh! r at least three years!!!!
bedfordrl
Posts: 386
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
Gender: Male
Location: North East Hampshire

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by bedfordrl »

fishtank wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
So long and thanks for all the fish? :left: :left:

I do feel very angry about human arrogance and how we feel we have more of a right to this planet than any other species on it.
. . . imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in..an interesting hole I find myself in...fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for....Douglas Adams.
You lot are from the Viz and I claim my five pounds.

Image
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Here you go - print that off - on recycled paper though of course Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bedfordrl
Posts: 386
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
Gender: Male
Location: North East Hampshire

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by bedfordrl »

Oooh ta .
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Enviromental officer

Post by fishtank »

bedfordrl wrote:
You lot are from the Viz and I claim my five pounds.
Image
good times, bad times you know I've had my share