Although I understand and accept the first part of your argument, I disagree with the rest. Only by questioning RMs Policies and positions, and highlighting their inconsistencies and flaws can we have a chance of changing them.stokes11eg wrote:Whilst delivering half a rain forest disguised as d/d's, and choking on the fumes of all the vans getting ready to leave in the mornings,I cannot take this role seriously. It's a talk shop, nothing more.And the Union has better things they could be spending our money on.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Enviromental officer
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Enviromental officer
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Enviromental officer
Whilst delivering half a rain forest disguised as d/d's,
Just on a point of order, the trees in rainforests are hardwoods and are unsuitable for the manufacture of paper. (Sorry to be an arse, LOL.)Although I understand and accept the first part of your argument,
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Enviromental officer
Straight4ward wrote: Just on a point of order, the trees in rainforests are hardwoods and are unsuitable for the manufacture of paper. (Sorry to be an arse, LOL.)
Just on another point of order it is common for natural hardwood forests to be destroyed to make room for softwood plantations used in the manufacturing of paper...they call them pulp farms. (Sorry to be an even bigger arse LOL)
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Enviromental officer
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Although I understand and accept the first part of your argument, I disagree with the rest. Only by questioning RMs Policies and positions, and highlighting their inconsistencies and flaws can we have a chance of changing them.stokes11eg wrote:Whilst delivering half a rain forest disguised as d/d's, and choking on the fumes of all the vans getting ready to leave in the mornings,I cannot take this role seriously. It's a talk shop, nothing more.And the Union has better things they could be spending our money on.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Enviromental officer
Strikes - they have always moved their position when we have walked - ok may be not as far as we wanted, but we have always influenced the outcome. 
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Enviromental officer
fishtank wrote:Straight4ward wrote: Just on a point of order, the trees in rainforests are hardwoods and are unsuitable for the manufacture of paper. (Sorry to be an arse, LOL.)
Just on another point of order it is common for natural hardwood forests to be destroyed to make room for softwood plantations used in the manufacturing of paper...they call them pulp farms. (Sorry to be an even bigger arse LOL)
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Enviromental officer
You can't be a Capitalist Environmentalist....just like you can't be a Humanitarian Cannibal.
It is far more dangerous to the planet to "think" that you are saving it with all of this middle class wringing of hands and "carbon neutral" bollox and tripping off down to your local recycling centre just to see it all shipped away and dumped on a beach in India or Africa for the local kids to rummage through.
To save this planet...not for us mind you because we don't feckin deserve it,but for the millions of species that haven't managed to feck it up would need such a fundamental change in the human psyche it would probably take a visitation from God him/herself to bring it about.
The only realistic possibility would be a massive jolt like the deaths of a couple of million people...but let's be completely honest here....unless they were white middle-cllass Americans would even that make a difference.
Maybe if all of us die first it may give the dolphins a chance........
It is far more dangerous to the planet to "think" that you are saving it with all of this middle class wringing of hands and "carbon neutral" bollox and tripping off down to your local recycling centre just to see it all shipped away and dumped on a beach in India or Africa for the local kids to rummage through.
To save this planet...not for us mind you because we don't feckin deserve it,but for the millions of species that haven't managed to feck it up would need such a fundamental change in the human psyche it would probably take a visitation from God him/herself to bring it about.
The only realistic possibility would be a massive jolt like the deaths of a couple of million people...but let's be completely honest here....unless they were white middle-cllass Americans would even that make a difference.
Maybe if all of us die first it may give the dolphins a chance........
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Enviromental officer
So long and thanks for all the fish?fishtank wrote:You can't be a Capitalist Environmentalist....just like you can't be a Humanitarian Cannibal.
It is far more dangerous to the planet to "think" that you are saving it with all of this middle class wringing of hands and "carbon neutral" bollox and tripping off down to your local recycling centre just to see it all shipped away and dumped on a beach in India or Africa for the local kids to rummage through.
To save this planet...not for us mind you because we don't feckin deserve it,but for the millions of species that haven't managed to feck it up would need such a fundamental change in the human psyche it would probably take a visitation from God him/herself to bring it about.
The only realistic possibility would be a massive jolt like the deaths of a couple of million people...but let's be completely honest here....unless they were white middle-cllass Americans would even that make a difference.
Maybe if all of us die first it may give the dolphins a chance........
I do feel very angry about human arrogance and how we feel we have more of a right to this planet than any other species on it. I'm not exactly a buddhist (I love a shower and don't feel the need to apologise for killing fleas/bacteria) but I do feel there's a complete lack of respect for wildlife and other animals who have been in sharp decline since "we" decided we wanted more land for us.
"And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning"
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Enviromental officer
Aprilaydee wrote:
So long and thanks for all the fish?![]()
![]()
I do feel very angry about human arrogance and how we feel we have more of a right to this planet than any other species on it.
. . . imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in..an interesting hole I find myself in...fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for....Douglas Adams.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Enviromental officer
fishtank wrote:You can't be a Capitalist Environmentalist....just like you can't be a Humanitarian Cannibal.
It is far more dangerous to the planet to "think" that you are saving it with all of this middle class wringing of hands and "carbon neutral" bollox and tripping off down to your local recycling centre just to see it all shipped away and dumped on a beach in India or Africa for the local kids to rummage through.
To save this planet...not for us mind you because we don't feckin deserve it,but for the millions of species that haven't managed to feck it up would need such a fundamental change in the human psyche it would probably take a visitation from God him/herself to bring it about.
The only realistic possibility would be a massive jolt like the deaths of a couple of million people...but let's be completely honest here....unless they were white middle-cllass Americans would even that make a difference.
Maybe if all of us die first it may give the dolphins a chance........
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Enviromental officer
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Strikes - they have always moved their position when we have walked - ok may be not as far as we wanted, but we have always influenced the outcome.
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Enviromental officer
You lot are from the Viz and I claim my five pounds.fishtank wrote:Aprilaydee wrote:
So long and thanks for all the fish?![]()
![]()
I do feel very angry about human arrogance and how we feel we have more of a right to this planet than any other species on it.. . . imagine a puddle waking up one morning and thinking, 'This is an interesting world I find myself in..an interesting hole I find myself in...fits me rather neatly, doesn't it? In fact it fits me staggeringly well, must have been made to have me in it!' This is such a powerful idea that as the sun rises in the sky and the air heats up and as, gradually, the puddle gets smaller and smaller, it's still frantically hanging on to the notion that everything's going to be alright, because this world was meant to have him in it, was built to have him in it; so the moment he disappears catches him rather by surprise. I think this may be something we need to be on the watch out for....Douglas Adams.

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Enviromental officer
Here you go - print that off - on recycled paper though of course 

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Enviromental officer
Oooh ta .
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Enviromental officer
bedfordrl wrote:
You lot are from the Viz and I claim my five pounds.

good times, bad times you know I've had my share