This is very true and ive argued with Flyer before on the weight of mail issue but its not till you directly compare the two types of area and the delivery call rate that you can really believe it.OnAFlyer wrote:private estates with lots of doctors/professionals and the amount of mail they get is huge
Most of my posh customers prob have 5+ bank accounts , saving accounts, shares, time share properties and premium bonds galore. On an average day each house gets 6-7 letters and about 30% get 10+, then you add say 3 flats and all the subscription mags (Top Gear is my fav I get about 20) and the weight goes up.
Then there’s the call rate which means I only miss 10-20 houses a day.
Going off to deliver my absorption on the housing estates is literally another world. For example I did a street all last week with 85 calls which was 2 bundles and 2-3 packets (no sign for’s all week) and this took 20-25 mins. The same amount of detached calls on own deliver takes 50 mins and is 2 full bags of mail with a dozen packets. There is just no real comparison.