ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Speechless!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Speechless!

Post by RedBagMan »

DH73 wrote:the p/t's don't do any absorbtion on their 5hr days.
I do ... on my 4hrs 48mins day ...
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Speechless!

Post by POSTMAN »

Mr Blonde wrote:Reading other peoples posts on here sometimes I do wonder about the size of my delivery. On a normal day it takes me just under 3hrs 30mins which is par isn't it?
Your duty DOES NOT take you 3hrs 30mins,you use your car,that takes time off of it.Your DO is also within the bermuda triangle with no boats to ship you to your duty start point.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: Speechless!

Post by post_bitch »

:shock: blooper
Last edited by post_bitch on 07 Aug 2010, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Speechless!

Post by REDLETTER »

Mr Blonde wrote:Are your jobs really THAT big that you can't do the lapsing or is it a case of not doing it out of principle?

I know I'll be chastised for using my car but I did my delivery and lapsing today and was finished for 12. It helps that because we do the lapsing, they let us out as early as possible.

I admire people for taking a stance when they're being put on, but sometimes I think some people just like to cut their own noses off to spite their face.
What was you van driver doing whilst you were using your car when he should drop you and your bags off ?

Ours get dumped with extra packets or sometimes parts of walks that are supposed to be lapsed! :no no
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Speechless!

Post by Stormproof »

No lapsing in my office. The DOM wanted us to lapse we said No. He tried to change our minds by telling us we'll be doing extra IPS, that backfired on him when we said OK.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Speechless!

Post by dvbuk55 »

Stormproof wrote:No lapsing in my office. The DOM wanted us to lapse we said No. He tried to change our minds by telling us we'll be doing extra IPS, that backfired on him when we said OK.
OK as long as the IPS is there to do of course. :sad:
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: Speechless!

Post by Mr Blonde »

REDLETTER wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:Are your jobs really THAT big that you can't do the lapsing or is it a case of not doing it out of principle?

I know I'll be chastised for using my car but I did my delivery and lapsing today and was finished for 12. It helps that because we do the lapsing, they let us out as early as possible.

I admire people for taking a stance when they're being put on, but sometimes I think some people just like to cut their own noses off to spite their face.
What was you van driver doing whilst you were using your car when he should drop you and your bags off ?

Ours get dumped with extra packets or sometimes parts of walks that are supposed to be lapsed! :no no
My driver finished earlier than I did.
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Speechless!

Post by REDLETTER »

Mr Blonde wrote:
REDLETTER wrote:
Mr Blonde wrote:Are your jobs really THAT big that you can't do the lapsing or is it a case of not doing it out of principle?

I know I'll be chastised for using my car but I did my delivery and lapsing today and was finished for 12. It helps that because we do the lapsing, they let us out as early as possible.

I admire people for taking a stance when they're being put on, but sometimes I think some people just like to cut their own noses off to spite their face.
What was you van driver doing whilst you were using your car when he should drop you and your bags off ?

Ours get dumped with extra packets or sometimes parts of walks that are supposed to be lapsed! :no no
My driver finished earlier than I did. :left:


Now that is funny!