So part timers don't occasionally make frivolous comments to liven up the discussion ?kitkatchunky wrote:loads of FT's at our office like him.jack straw wrote:Smug fool. I've met your type beforeLounge Lizard wrote:Sort the mail carefully and you won't have any missorts.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Missorts on Delivery
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Missorts on Delivery
-
proper postie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
The rule in our D.O is that 1st class/downstream missorts go that day,if you have to go over due to it you get paid accordingly.2nd class/mailsort can be returned for delivery the next day.
I'm in no way stating this as gospel and that's the way it goes down,but that's the guidelines handed down to us.
I'm in no way stating this as gospel and that's the way it goes down,but that's the guidelines handed down to us.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
A missort is a missort regardless of whether it's 1st class,DSA,Mailsort ect.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
proper postie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 18:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
I'm talking about prepped missorts that you find out on delivery though.POSTMAN wrote:A missort is a missort regardless of whether it's 1st class,DSA,Mailsort ect.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
Same thing,are you saying that your managers say you deliver DSA missort but don't worry about the rest?proper postie wrote:I'm talking about prepped missorts that you find out on delivery though.POSTMAN wrote:A missort is a missort regardless of whether it's 1st class,DSA,Mailsort ect.
That's what it looks like to me hense my post.
The rule in our D.O is that 1st class/downstream missorts go that day,if you have to go over due to it you get paid accordingly.2nd class/mailsort can be returned for delivery the next day.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Thehair
- Posts: 221
- Joined: 20 Jan 2010, 22:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
I found it to be a frivolous comment and was quite suprised at the bites it createdLounge Lizard wrote:So part timers don't occasionally make frivolous comments to liven up the discussion ?kitkatchunky wrote:loads of FT's at our office like him.jack straw wrote:Smug fool. I've met your type beforeLounge Lizard wrote:Sort the mail carefully and you won't have any missorts.![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
That is spot on - it's what I find as well as a 'delivery boy' only. I would say though that when my mail is sorted by other part timers the s**t really hits the fan big time. Some days I've put 30/40 letters back in the box, absolutely inundated. And yes they do come back the next day or two, sometimes incorrectly sorted again!We should all be sorting our own mail for our own delivery, but it doesn't seem to be in RM's scope to do this.Terry Butcher wrote:I'm a part-timer (i use that term lightly!), and like you my walk is also prepped by a full timer. I will stick any missorts for later on in my walk in my pouch and deliver them when i get to the address...if i remember them, they are by no means priority! If i have already delivered to the address of the missort there's no chance of it getting delivered that day, not even if it's only a short distance away! There's nothing more annoying than going back on yourself, especially if you have to frequently do it to pick up bags at a drop point. It feels so counter-productive, plus it's time consuming. The only time i will go back is on the rare occasion i forget about a special or a recorded is missorted. At the end of the day i nearly always have what i call a "s**t pile", which consists purely of missorts, most for my walk and some for other parts of the country that managed to sneak into my frame!They end up in the nearest post box and more often than not they greet me the next day!
I don't get paid enough to go out of my way to rectify the mistakes of others, I'm not lazy but i don't see why i should put in the extra effort when whoever prepped my walk couldn't give a crap! I'm glad you brought this up because it's another annoying aspect of the part timer's job that is often overlooked by full-timers. I've lost count of the number of heavy flats i've had to cart around because of someone else's mistake. I swear it seems like Stevie Wonder preps my walk some days...
-
Himaggen
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40
Re: Missorts on Delivery
I would suggest that if you are not the regular walk holder then you return each and every mis-prepped letter to the office, (regardless of whether or not you've been to that delivery point yet or not).
If questioned you explain that due to the mail being mis-prepped redirection and other checks have not taken place on them and since the integrity of that mail is paramount those required checks should be undertaken first!
If questioned you explain that due to the mail being mis-prepped redirection and other checks have not taken place on them and since the integrity of that mail is paramount those required checks should be undertaken first!
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Missorts on Delivery
redneck wrote:That is spot on - it's what I find as well as a 'delivery boy' only. I would say though that when my mail is sorted by other part timers the s**t really hits the fan big time. Some days I've put 30/40 letters back in the box, absolutely inundated. And yes they do come back the next day or two, sometimes incorrectly sorted again!We should all be sorting our own mail for our own delivery, but it doesn't seem to be in RM's scope to do this.Terry Butcher wrote:I'm a part-timer (i use that term lightly!), and like you my walk is also prepped by a full timer. I will stick any missorts for later on in my walk in my pouch and deliver them when i get to the address...if i remember them, they are by no means priority! If i have already delivered to the address of the missort there's no chance of it getting delivered that day, not even if it's only a short distance away! There's nothing more annoying than going back on yourself, especially if you have to frequently do it to pick up bags at a drop point. It feels so counter-productive, plus it's time consuming. The only time i will go back is on the rare occasion i forget about a special or a recorded is missorted. At the end of the day i nearly always have what i call a "s**t pile", which consists purely of missorts, most for my walk and some for other parts of the country that managed to sneak into my frame!They end up in the nearest post box and more often than not they greet me the next day!
I don't get paid enough to go out of my way to rectify the mistakes of others, I'm not lazy but i don't see why i should put in the extra effort when whoever prepped my walk couldn't give a crap! I'm glad you brought this up because it's another annoying aspect of the part timer's job that is often overlooked by full-timers. I've lost count of the number of heavy flats i've had to cart around because of someone else's mistake. I swear it seems like Stevie Wonder preps my walk some days...
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Missorts on Delivery
stokes11eg wrote:redneck wrote:That is spot on - it's what I find as well as a 'delivery boy' only. I would say though that when my mail is sorted by other part timers the s**t really hits the fan big time. Some days I've put 30/40 letters back in the box, absolutely inundated. And yes they do come back the next day or two, sometimes incorrectly sorted again!We should all be sorting our own mail for our own delivery, but it doesn't seem to be in RM's scope to do this.Terry Butcher wrote:I'm a part-timer (i use that term lightly!), and like you my walk is also prepped by a full timer. I will stick any missorts for later on in my walk in my pouch and deliver them when i get to the address...if i remember them, they are by no means priority! If i have already delivered to the address of the missort there's no chance of it getting delivered that day, not even if it's only a short distance away! There's nothing more annoying than going back on yourself, especially if you have to frequently do it to pick up bags at a drop point. It feels so counter-productive, plus it's time consuming. The only time i will go back is on the rare occasion i forget about a special or a recorded is missorted. At the end of the day i nearly always have what i call a "s**t pile", which consists purely of missorts, most for my walk and some for other parts of the country that managed to sneak into my frame!They end up in the nearest post box and more often than not they greet me the next day!
I don't get paid enough to go out of my way to rectify the mistakes of others, I'm not lazy but i don't see why i should put in the extra effort when whoever prepped my walk couldn't give a crap! I'm glad you brought this up because it's another annoying aspect of the part timer's job that is often overlooked by full-timers. I've lost count of the number of heavy flats i've had to cart around because of someone else's mistake. I swear it seems like Stevie Wonder preps my walk some days...You are on sticky ground if you just pop letters back in the post box, especially if you do not endorse them. When they go back through the sorting machines, and get re franked, the machines caN pick this up, and in our area at least, this is flagged up.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Missorts on Delivery
I can confirm it my Manager a few months back brought a load of unendorsed letters, from the same house, to me asking why I had just dumped them in the Post Box. After checking them out I pointed out that some were 6 months old and it was clear someone was clearing out a house.krussel wrote:stokes11eg wrote:redneck wrote:That is spot on - it's what I find as well as a 'delivery boy' only. I would say though that when my mail is sorted by other part timers the s**t really hits the fan big time. Some days I've put 30/40 letters back in the box, absolutely inundated. And yes they do come back the next day or two, sometimes incorrectly sorted again!We should all be sorting our own mail for our own delivery, but it doesn't seem to be in RM's scope to do this.Terry Butcher wrote:I'm a part-timer (i use that term lightly!), and like you my walk is also prepped by a full timer. I will stick any missorts for later on in my walk in my pouch and deliver them when i get to the address...if i remember them, they are by no means priority! If i have already delivered to the address of the missort there's no chance of it getting delivered that day, not even if it's only a short distance away! There's nothing more annoying than going back on yourself, especially if you have to frequently do it to pick up bags at a drop point. It feels so counter-productive, plus it's time consuming. The only time i will go back is on the rare occasion i forget about a special or a recorded is missorted. At the end of the day i nearly always have what i call a "s**t pile", which consists purely of missorts, most for my walk and some for other parts of the country that managed to sneak into my frame!They end up in the nearest post box and more often than not they greet me the next day!
I don't get paid enough to go out of my way to rectify the mistakes of others, I'm not lazy but i don't see why i should put in the extra effort when whoever prepped my walk couldn't give a crap! I'm glad you brought this up because it's another annoying aspect of the part timer's job that is often overlooked by full-timers. I've lost count of the number of heavy flats i've had to cart around because of someone else's mistake. I swear it seems like Stevie Wonder preps my walk some days...You are on sticky ground if you just pop letters back in the post box, especially if you do not endorse them. When they go back through the sorting machines, and get re franked, the machines caN pick this up, and in our area at least, this is flagged up.
![]()
![]()
i never knew that
Apparently the machines at the MC had kicked them out and they were flagged up by a Manager.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Missorts on Delivery
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
You may find that collections are having their box collections checked as well.
Happened down our way once and one of guys got busted,got away with it though.
Happened down our way once and one of guys got busted,got away with it though.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
beastman
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 24 Jan 2010, 16:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
this might seem a daft question but endorse them with what? Do you write something on them ? (like mis-sort)
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Missorts on Delivery
I used to when i was walking just put a little 'MS' on the letter somwhere.If the customer was to see miss sort on a letter!beastman wrote:this might seem a daft question but endorse them with what? Do you write something on them ? (like mis-sort)
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.