ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Questioning overtime

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by fishtank »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Breaking news: When not at work, posties can have other skills outside putting letters and parcels into correct slots, sometimes with deadlines! :o

And the "ologies" were the subjects I studied back in uni from '92...
We all have skills outside of work...both TBT and dvb are trained to kill with the blunt end of a pencil....and DGP well he has skills we would rather not talk about.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by smokerjim »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:And the "ologies" were the subjects I studied back in uni from '92...
"An ology! 'e gets an ology and 'e says 'e's failed...you get an ology, you're a SCIENTIST!!!!

( I'll get me hi-vis...)
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

smokerjim wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:And the "ologies" were the subjects I studied back in uni from '92...
"An ology! 'e gets an ology and 'e says 'e's failed...you get an ology, you're a SCIENTIST!!!!

( I'll get me hi-vis...)
Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by dvbuk55 »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Breaking news: When not at work, posties can have other skills outside putting letters and parcels into correct slots, sometimes with deadlines! :o

And the "ologies" were the subjects I studied back in uni from '92... (after serving my time at grammar school. Which just goes to show that life does not always turn out how you expect, things happen that change your life dramatically. But for where my life is now, being a postie is probably the perfect job for me, as it gives me a daily dose of 4+ hours outdoors, keeping Seasonal Affective Disorder so much more low-key than anytime in the last 15 years since I became a sufferer...)
That's really SAD trolley :Boo hoo! You may not believe this but many of us actually had a life before RM and this is our swan song :whistle
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Breaking news: When not at work, posties can have other skills outside putting letters and parcels into correct slots, sometimes with deadlines! :o

And the "ologies" were the subjects I studied back in uni from '92...
We all have skills outside of work...both TBT and dvb are trained to kill with the blunt end of a pencil....and DGP well he has skills we would rather not talk about.
Speak for yourself ft, I like talking about his other skills, it's £1.50 per call and its 0945.......... :whistle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Breaking news: When not at work, posties can have other skills outside putting letters and parcels into correct slots, sometimes with deadlines! :o

And the "ologies" were the subjects I studied back in uni from '92...
We all have skills outside of work...both TBT and dvb are trained to kill with the blunt end of a pencil....and DGP well he has skills we would rather not talk about.
Speak for yourself ft, I like talking about his other skills, it's £1.50 per call and its 0945.......... :whistle
You forgot the web-site http://www.postieinthenude.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:Breaking news: When not at work, posties can have other skills outside putting letters and parcels into correct slots, sometimes with deadlines! :o

And the "ologies" were the subjects I studied back in uni from '92...
We all have skills outside of work...both TBT and dvb are trained to kill with the blunt end of a pencil....and DGP well he has skills we would rather not talk about.
Speak for yourself ft, I like talking about his other skills, it's £1.50 per call and its 0945.......... :whistle
You forgot the web-site http://www.postieinthenude.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :wink:
Yes.................. I was meaning to have a word with you about that, there has been a number of complaints about having to use a magnifying tool and being bitterly disapponted with the result, jabba the hut was mentioned in relation to the wrinkles..................... how about we invest in some Q10.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by smokerjim »

Q10 only helps to reduce / slow down the onset of wrinkles - what he needs is something akin to polyfilla or a very skilled plasterer :wink:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by dvbuk55 »

smokerjim wrote:Q10 only helps to reduce / slow down the onset of wrinkles - what he needs is something akin to polyfilla or a very skilled plasterer :wink:
Would scaffolding be required smoker, it can be expensive if it's a big erection job, fortunately it would work out at about £0.35p in DGs case :cuppa
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Questioning overtime

Post by smokerjim »

I don't even want to think of the mechanics of it....I only wanted to give you the facts, just the facts.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!