ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Park N Loop - ideas needed
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Quick Question.
After a delivery methods revision and/or a wsm revision and the duty picks start is there anything in the agreement about how duties are paired up.
Meaning is there rules on FT/FT FT/PT and PT/PT matching up on duties.
Hope question is clear
After a delivery methods revision and/or a wsm revision and the duty picks start is there anything in the agreement about how duties are paired up.
Meaning is there rules on FT/FT FT/PT and PT/PT matching up on duties.
Hope question is clear
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me thenNewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
dvbuk55 wrote:3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me thenNewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.![]()
![]()
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then![]()
![]()
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Right well you could be right BUT they both have a 3.5 hour delivery, now if the non driver did an hours extra delivery, his delivery would be 4.5 hours and the drivers would be 2.5 hrs and an hour plus for packets, specials etc they wouldn't be finishing at the same time.Patrick Clifton wrote:Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then![]()
![]()
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Why not split the delivery equally, have the driver drive to packet delivery point and non driver deliver the actual packet ( and driver can fetch out next packet from the back of the van or whatever ). I'm not saying that cos I can drive a van either ( I'm considering asking to be the non driver, due to the possibility of having overnight responsiblity of the OMV )dvbuk55 wrote:Right well you could be right BUT they both have a 3.5 hour delivery, now if the non driver did an hours extra delivery, his delivery would be 4.5 hours and the drivers would be 2.5 hrs and an hour plus for packets, specials etc they wouldn't be finishing at the same time.Patrick Clifton wrote:Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then![]()
![]()
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Hmmmdvbuk55 wrote:Right well you could be right BUT they both have a 3.5 hour delivery, now if the non driver did an hours extra delivery, his delivery would be 4.5 hours and the drivers would be 2.5 hrs and an hour plus for packets, specials etc they wouldn't be finishing at the same time.Patrick Clifton wrote:Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then![]()
![]()
I thought we would now be going over the 3.5 now or is that still one of the unanswered questions?! And I dont think that if the non-driver had extra loop/s while the driver did packets it would mean different finishing times. I thought the idea was that with the trolleys, we would be carrying more/larger packets than we currently do, so it could be the case that the driver would only have the really oversized/tracked to do. Or am I thinking all this through wrongly?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Have only just noticed this post Stokesy, I hope you've learned your lesson now about picking up strange menstokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me thenNewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.![]()
![]()
-----------------glad I'm not sharing with you then, but seriously--some folks have that horrible lingering stench that ataches itself to you even after a couple of minutes--and I for one will not get in a van with them. I once made the mistake of giving a lift (in my own car) to one of these gents, and the smell impregnated itself to my car seat, and stayed for weeks! Ugh
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
dvbuk55 wrote:Have only just noticed this post Stokesy, I hope you've learned your lesson now about picking up strange menstokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me thenNewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.![]()
![]()
-----------------glad I'm not sharing with you then, but seriously--some folks have that horrible lingering stench that ataches itself to you even after a couple of minutes--and I for one will not get in a van with them. I once made the mistake of giving a lift (in my own car) to one of these gents, and the smell impregnated itself to my car seat, and stayed for weeks! Ugh
![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo even stokesy wouldn't pick someone as strange as you DGDGP1 wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Have only just noticed this post Stokesy, I hope you've learned your lesson now about picking up strange menstokes11eg wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me thenNewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.![]()
![]()
-----------------glad I'm not sharing with you then, but seriously--some folks have that horrible lingering stench that ataches itself to you even after a couple of minutes--and I for one will not get in a van with them. I once made the mistake of giving a lift (in my own car) to one of these gents, and the smell impregnated itself to my car seat, and stayed for weeks! Ugh
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed
Wellllllllllllllll it looks like she might - psst, don't wear the mac, it's a dead giveaway in summerstokes11eg wrote:Poor DGP-------------