ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Park N Loop - ideas needed

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by gb93 »

Quick Question.

After a delivery methods revision and/or a wsm revision and the duty picks start is there anything in the agreement about how duties are paired up.

Meaning is there rules on FT/FT FT/PT and PT/PT matching up on duties.

Hope question is clear
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by NewPostieUK »

I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by dvbuk55 »

NewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by stokes11eg »

dvbuk55 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
:Very Happy-----------------glad I'm not sharing with you then, but seriously--some folks have that horrible lingering stench that ataches itself to you even after a couple of minutes--and I for one will not get in a van with them. I once made the mistake of giving a lift (in my own car) to one of these gents, and the smell impregnated itself to my car seat, and stayed for weeks! Ugh
Patrick Clifton
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Greendale

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by Patrick Clifton »

dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by dvbuk55 »

Patrick Clifton wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?
Right well you could be right BUT they both have a 3.5 hour delivery, now if the non driver did an hours extra delivery, his delivery would be 4.5 hours and the drivers would be 2.5 hrs and an hour plus for packets, specials etc they wouldn't be finishing at the same time.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by smokerjim »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Patrick Clifton wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?
Right well you could be right BUT they both have a 3.5 hour delivery, now if the non driver did an hours extra delivery, his delivery would be 4.5 hours and the drivers would be 2.5 hrs and an hour plus for packets, specials etc they wouldn't be finishing at the same time.
Why not split the delivery equally, have the driver drive to packet delivery point and non driver deliver the actual packet ( and driver can fetch out next packet from the back of the van or whatever ). I'm not saying that cos I can drive a van either ( I'm considering asking to be the non driver, due to the possibility of having overnight responsiblity of the OMV )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Patrick Clifton
Posts: 430
Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
Gender: Male
Location: Greendale

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by Patrick Clifton »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Patrick Clifton wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
Do/will both posties be delivering the oversized/tracked/special packets? Surely it would be more efficient to have the 'non driver' given extra loops while the driver delivers these alone?
Right well you could be right BUT they both have a 3.5 hour delivery, now if the non driver did an hours extra delivery, his delivery would be 4.5 hours and the drivers would be 2.5 hrs and an hour plus for packets, specials etc they wouldn't be finishing at the same time.
Hmmm

I thought we would now be going over the 3.5 now or is that still one of the unanswered questions?! And I dont think that if the non-driver had extra loop/s while the driver did packets it would mean different finishing times. I thought the idea was that with the trolleys, we would be carrying more/larger packets than we currently do, so it could be the case that the driver would only have the really oversized/tracked to do. Or am I thinking all this through wrongly? :hmmmm
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
:Very Happy-----------------glad I'm not sharing with you then, but seriously--some folks have that horrible lingering stench that ataches itself to you even after a couple of minutes--and I for one will not get in a van with them. I once made the mistake of giving a lift (in my own car) to one of these gents, and the smell impregnated itself to my car seat, and stayed for weeks! Ugh
Have only just noticed this post Stokesy, I hope you've learned your lesson now about picking up strange men :cuppa :angel
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by stokes11eg »

:whistle
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by DGP1 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
:Very Happy-----------------glad I'm not sharing with you then, but seriously--some folks have that horrible lingering stench that ataches itself to you even after a couple of minutes--and I for one will not get in a van with them. I once made the mistake of giving a lift (in my own car) to one of these gents, and the smell impregnated itself to my car seat, and stayed for weeks! Ugh
Have only just noticed this post Stokesy, I hope you've learned your lesson now about picking up strange men :cuppa :angel
:wave :wave :wave :Very Happy
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
NewPostieUK wrote:I might have the wrong idea about park and loop, but how would you see the person you share the van with enough to be bothered about the smell etc? Won't you be walking the streets 99% of the time, just going back to van to get another bag? Won't one move the van, and the other meet it at the new location having done a few streets? I wouldn't have thought you'd be together much apart from to and from duty.
3.5 hrs delivery/20 minute loops - 7.5 times, then parcels, tracked specials for another hour - would you want to spend that amount of time with some old decrepit slowcoach postie, smelling of stale urine and cabbage - well you won't be partnering me then :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
:Very Happy-----------------glad I'm not sharing with you then, but seriously--some folks have that horrible lingering stench that ataches itself to you even after a couple of minutes--and I for one will not get in a van with them. I once made the mistake of giving a lift (in my own car) to one of these gents, and the smell impregnated itself to my car seat, and stayed for weeks! Ugh
Have only just noticed this post Stokesy, I hope you've learned your lesson now about picking up strange men :cuppa :angel
:wave :wave :wave :Very Happy
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo even stokesy wouldn't pick someone as strange as you DG :no no
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by stokes11eg »

:Very Happy Poor DGP-------------
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Park N Loop - ideas needed

Post by dvbuk55 »

stokes11eg wrote::Very Happy Poor DGP-------------
Wellllllllllllllll it looks like she might - psst, don't wear the mac, it's a dead giveaway in summer :whistle