Lounge Lizard wrote:stokes11eg wrote:
How very true about Managers forcing packets into bags! It wouldn't be so bad,but all these balshy drivers are always finished early---maybe they should be forced to take the packets under a new form of' packet only'absorbtion!
But again when park and loop comes n, this will be academic--or will it? The one thing I'm not clear on is will' packet duties as we know them go out the door?
"but all these balshy drivers are always finished early" - not here, where drivers rounds take much longer than the bike ones, which only goes to show how things differ from office to office

Drivers in our office dont get a bad deal at all,sometimes finished a couple of hours before dutiy ends.What I dont get is when they sign the vans back in,surely theres a time at the side of this?.So it wouldnt be to hard to find out how many hours drivers work a week?.Im not trying to have a dig at drivers here as im sure there's some god ones out there.Our however! lol....They stick together on the front porch like a bunch of old ladies in the local Post Office."Well I told her I aint got time for this/that/the other..I aint taking that!It aint signed!"....(so then you struggle to find a gaffer,argue for 5 mins how you cant get it in your bag,and by the time youve done,the drivers fecked off out in his van,only to find the same packet in my packet bag the next day!).
In our office there 5 groups of people.You have got........
DRIVERS= top of the food chain lol.Always moan how hard they have it,yet they pick into it all the time since they normally have seniority priviliges.they act as though its them against the world,the only difference to this is when they are going to finish too early,then they might actually help you out.
GAFFERS=well errrrrrrrrr,,you know,,,
FULL TIMERS=only rally start talking to you after a few years of being there,if your a waysider,you have NO CHANCE of a conversation lol.Infact I would even go so far as to say they are WAYSCIST!!!!!<<<<hahaha,,Bu seriously they do talk down to you like thy are way above you.
PART TIMERS 30 hours= well this is me ;) .so we are perfect in every way,, haha..no but rally I feel we get the sh***Y end of the stick on a regular basis.The only thing that makes us feel better is knowing the Waysiders on 20 hours get a worse deal than us.
WAYSIDERS 20 hours=AWWWWWWwwwwww,,, you gotta fel for em,I was there once and it was crap then,Its gotta be 10 times worse now.Come in at 10am should be all bundled up and ready to go(hahaha no chance)sometimes not a thing put in their frame,at 10am!.what is guaranteed is there wil be a collapsed bundle on their frame with their name written on it.Problem is that at 10am all the experienced staff and union reps have gone out,so they feel under pressure to take it all out and finish gone 4pm on a regular basis.I know waysiders that get paid more than me ue to the incompetence of the gaffers in our place.
anyhow!!!I love my office me,,,,,,, NOT lol .