Ageist numptyCaniel wrote:Problem is there a lot of old duffers on piss easy walks that like to maintain the illusion that "their" walk is heavy as f**k and takes ages when it's nothing but bullshit. Some of them in my office even have their frames deliberately laid out in a mess so that when someone covers it they can't get finished until gone 3pm. There's one old dead beat in my office who's walk I used to cover on his rest day, easy as hell his walk is. I used to be finished before 12 Monday - Friday (back when it was 5am start and job n finish still existed) and finished before 9 on a Saturday! He regularly changes his frame around to be awkward and moaned so much about his walking being heavy that 1/3 of his delivery has been taken off now.
It's all well and good moaning about the runners and the fliers but people like that ^^ are just as bad they don't care about anyone else and just look out for number 1.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How long is your walk?
-
robinhood
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 04 Mar 2008, 07:55
Re: How long is your walk?
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Get back?? We dont return to the office, never have done.andy2007 wrote:Why aren't you given something else to do, when you get back?mclovin wrote:At 100% it 3.30.
Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.
And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.
Usually around 6 per day.
Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??
They'll be weeded out.
Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.
Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.
Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.
Sorry but thats just unacceptable.![]()
All the early finishes should have stopped a while ago now.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: How long is your walk?
So much for National Agreements then.mclovin wrote:Get back?? We dont return to the office, never have done.andy2007 wrote:Why aren't you given something else to do, when you get back?mclovin wrote:At 100% it 3.30.
Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.
And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.
Usually around 6 per day.
Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??
They'll be weeded out.
Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.
Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.
Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.
Sorry but thats just unacceptable.![]()
All the early finishes should have stopped a while ago now.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
None of the DO's in the area return to the office.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: How long is your walk?
So what happened to the 2007 agreement?
It stated that we should all be utilising all our paid hours.
It stated that we should all be utilising all our paid hours.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
I condense an 8 and a half hour shift into 7 hours, I have explained this to the gaffer, he understands Im just that good.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How long is your walk?
fishtank wrote:mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Not me, please read above, I'll be happy when they do finally get it sorted.
But until then, I'll finish as early as I can without coming in early.
But until then, I'll finish as early as I can without coming in early.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
It was also in P&M 2007 and never happened in a lot of offices (including every office I know of). Why do managers want people in the office at 2pm when they can go home at 12?DGP1 wrote:fishtank wrote:mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.![]()
A lot are going to find themselves upset when everyone HAS to return to the office (as per the new agreement).
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: How long is your walk?
But this time Park and Loop is being brought in for the majority of staff (with the closing of DO's and merging into Super DO's) can get out, do a full sized delivery and get back to the office to leave back all the P739'd items, the PDA's and the van itself.OnAFlyer wrote:It was also in P&M 2007 and never happened in a lot of offices (including every office I know of). Why do managers want people in the office at 2pm when they can go home at 12?DGP1 wrote:fishtank wrote:mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.![]()
A lot are going to find themselves upset when everyone HAS to return to the office (as per the new agreement).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
andy2007 wrote:So what happened to the 2007 agreement?![]()
It stated that we should all be utilising all our paid hours.
It also said in annex B about earnings which is why some uncovered work is done as O/T in my D.O
2 rounds and the new estate absorbed after that its O/T all the way.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: How long is your walk?
Because you're PAID 'till 2pm!OnAFlyer wrote:It was also in P&M 2007 and never happened in a lot of offices (including every office I know of). Why do managers want people in the office at 2pm when they can go home at 12?DGP1 wrote:fishtank wrote:mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.![]()
A lot are going to find themselves upset when everyone HAS to return to the office (as per the new agreement).
We're loosing duties in all sections of RM, including Deliveries. Why?
To save money, and therefore improve profits. But if everyone works all the hours they're paid for, then there'll be less need for overtime. Which would make us better value for money, and therefore make them less inclined to get rid of us.
Obviously, that'd mean that those who do overtime now, would take Home less money each week. But at least they'd have better job security.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
Harry_Perkins
- Posts: 206
- Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
Mine is 510 DPs. Takes between 3 and 3 and a half hours, usually. We still have a couple of walks that have about 420 DPs and take about 2 hours max. 
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: How long is your walk?
There is one in our office that has over 1000 delivery points, and could well have another huge block of flats added to it once they are completed. It's currently got 4 or 5 different guys on it because the regular asked for a change onto some other rounds and I don't blame him either, it's massive.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.