ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How long is your walk?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
robinhood
Posts: 89
Joined: 04 Mar 2008, 07:55

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by robinhood »

Caniel wrote:Problem is there a lot of old duffers on piss easy walks that like to maintain the illusion that "their" walk is heavy as f**k and takes ages when it's nothing but bullshit. Some of them in my office even have their frames deliberately laid out in a mess so that when someone covers it they can't get finished until gone 3pm. There's one old dead beat in my office who's walk I used to cover on his rest day, easy as hell his walk is. I used to be finished before 12 Monday - Friday (back when it was 5am start and job n finish still existed) and finished before 9 on a Saturday! He regularly changes his frame around to be awkward and moaned so much about his walking being heavy that 1/3 of his delivery has been taken off now.

It's all well and good moaning about the runners and the fliers but people like that ^^ are just as bad they don't care about anyone else and just look out for number 1.
Ageist numpty
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by mclovin »

andy2007 wrote:
mclovin wrote:At 100% it 3.30.

Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.

And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.

Usually around 6 per day.

Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??

They'll be weeded out.

Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.

Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.

Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.

Sorry but thats just unacceptable.
Why aren't you given something else to do, when you get back? :confused
All the early finishes should have stopped a while ago now. :hmmmm
Get back?? We dont return to the office, never have done.
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by andy2007 »

mclovin wrote:
andy2007 wrote:
mclovin wrote:At 100% it 3.30.

Why would I want to be walking round the streets when I could be in the house at 12.30 with me feet up.

And I said I didnt carry 9 bags at a time, please keep up.

Usually around 6 per day.

Like I said, when the revision comes all duties will be equal, then what will the slow posties do??

They'll be weeded out.

Heres one for ya, I finished on Monday at 1300, first letter was 09.40, had a letter for every address, 640 calls in total.

Bloke on another delivery 600 calls, but just the average monday for him, probably hitting 75% call rate, he had 4 bags, same time first letter.

Now he's not unfit, in fact he did the Great North Run a couple years back, but admits he just wanders around in an amble, he finished 12.50.

Sorry but thats just unacceptable.
Why aren't you given something else to do, when you get back? :confused
All the early finishes should have stopped a while ago now. :hmmmm
Get back?? We dont return to the office, never have done.
So much for National Agreements then. :arrrghhh
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by mclovin »

None of the DO's in the area return to the office.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by fishtank »

mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.
:wink:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by andy2007 »

So what happened to the 2007 agreement? :confused
It stated that we should all be utilising all our paid hours. :hmmmm
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by mclovin »

I condense an 8 and a half hour shift into 7 hours, I have explained this to the gaffer, he understands Im just that good.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by DGP1 »

fishtank wrote:
mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.
:wink:
:chuckle :chuckle A lot are going to find themselves upset when everyone HAS to return to the office (as per the new agreement).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by mclovin »

Not me, please read above, I'll be happy when they do finally get it sorted.

But until then, I'll finish as early as I can without coming in early.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by OnAFlyer »

DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.
:wink:
:chuckle :chuckle A lot are going to find themselves upset when everyone HAS to return to the office (as per the new agreement).
It was also in P&M 2007 and never happened in a lot of offices (including every office I know of). Why do managers want people in the office at 2pm when they can go home at 12?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by DGP1 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.
:wink:
:chuckle :chuckle A lot are going to find themselves upset when everyone HAS to return to the office (as per the new agreement).
It was also in P&M 2007 and never happened in a lot of offices (including every office I know of). Why do managers want people in the office at 2pm when they can go home at 12?
But this time Park and Loop is being brought in for the majority of staff (with the closing of DO's and merging into Super DO's) can get out, do a full sized delivery and get back to the office to leave back all the P739'd items, the PDA's and the van itself.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by Big Daz »

andy2007 wrote:So what happened to the 2007 agreement? :confused
It stated that we should all be utilising all our paid hours. :hmmmm

It also said in annex B about earnings which is why some uncovered work is done as O/T in my D.O

2 rounds and the new estate absorbed after that its O/T all the way. :dance
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by andy2007 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
fishtank wrote:
mclovin wrote:None of the DO's in the area return to the office yet.
:wink:
:chuckle :chuckle A lot are going to find themselves upset when everyone HAS to return to the office (as per the new agreement).
It was also in P&M 2007 and never happened in a lot of offices (including every office I know of). Why do managers want people in the office at 2pm when they can go home at 12?
Because you're PAID 'till 2pm! :hmmmm

We're loosing duties in all sections of RM, including Deliveries. Why?
To save money, and therefore improve profits. But if everyone works all the hours they're paid for, then there'll be less need for overtime. Which would make us better value for money, and therefore make them less inclined to get rid of us. :hmmmm

Obviously, that'd mean that those who do overtime now, would take Home less money each week. But at least they'd have better job security. :hmmmm
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
Harry_Perkins
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by Harry_Perkins »

Mine is 510 DPs. Takes between 3 and 3 and a half hours, usually. We still have a couple of walks that have about 420 DPs and take about 2 hours max. :shock:
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
thevardinator
Posts: 165
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: How long is your walk?

Post by thevardinator »

There is one in our office that has over 1000 delivery points, and could well have another huge block of flats added to it once they are completed. It's currently got 4 or 5 different guys on it because the regular asked for a change onto some other rounds and I don't blame him either, it's massive.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.