From: Introducing Door to Door into workload - Planning GuidelinesLounge Lizard wrote: Three different ways of preparing Door To Doors but which is correct ?I've never seen any instruction.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
Not first ......last• D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals.
Definitely not in bundles and merged at the doorstep.• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
bexhil palace
- Posts: 505
- Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: All over the Gaff
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
Caniel wrote:I've been on 4 lots since I stopped getting paid for them yet walks elsewhere in the office have 1 or 2 lots. Got back off delivery today and there's 5 lots under my frame for next week. Well since it's all part of the workload now, I'll be cutting off next week when I can't complete on time because I couldn't get out the office on time because I was setting in 5 lots of for an hour![]()
![]()
![]()
f**k em!
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
The minimum requirements percentage needs some proper clarification for me and no doubt many other part-timers.
My (pretty decent as they go) line manager says that the 1/6 call rate Monday to Saturday is not yet in effect and for now we should still be doing 1/5 Monday-Friday only. Our section were all required to sign a sheet about various standards this last week that included a statement that a 20% call rate is expected Monday-Friday for D2D.
Yet I'm reading on here (and have told my line manager) that some depots have already colour coded every frame so that whichever person is on any given walk in the depot knows precisely what D2D is part of that day's workload.
So who is right?
Please tell me this isn't another "local agreement" thing! Royal Mail is a nationwide company, therefore the standards and practices should be a national standard!
My (pretty decent as they go) line manager says that the 1/6 call rate Monday to Saturday is not yet in effect and for now we should still be doing 1/5 Monday-Friday only. Our section were all required to sign a sheet about various standards this last week that included a statement that a 20% call rate is expected Monday-Friday for D2D.
Yet I'm reading on here (and have told my line manager) that some depots have already colour coded every frame so that whichever person is on any given walk in the depot knows precisely what D2D is part of that day's workload.
So who is right?
Please tell me this isn't another "local agreement" thing! Royal Mail is a nationwide company, therefore the standards and practices should be a national standard!
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:From: Introducing Door to Door into workload - Planning GuidelinesLounge Lizard wrote: Three different ways of preparing Door To Doors but which is correct ?I've never seen any instruction.
well we fail at step one
they havent broken it down into sixths
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:The minimum requirements percentage needs some proper clarification for me and no doubt many other part-timers.
My (pretty decent as they go) line manager says that the 1/6 call rate Monday to Saturday is not yet in effect and for now we should still be doing 1/5 Monday-Friday only. Our section were all required to sign a sheet about various standards this last week that included a statement that a 20% call rate is expected Monday-Friday for D2D.
Yet I'm reading on here (and have told my line manager) that some depots have already colour coded every frame so that whichever person is on any given walk in the depot knows precisely what D2D is part of that day's workload.
So who is right?
Please tell me this isn't another "local agreement" thing! Royal Mail is a nationwide company, therefore the standards and practices should be a national standard!
we have sheets broken down and colour coded for the 1/5 delivery
no sign of them being replaced with 1/6ths yet
this week will be be my 1st full week back,so i shall be questioning that on Tuesday
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
Thanks. I didn't know that's what's meant to happen.fishtank wrote:Not first ......last• D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals.
Definitely not in bundles and merged at the doorstep.• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
Lounge Lizard wrote:Thanks. I didn't know that's what's meant to happen.fishtank wrote:Not first ......last• D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals.
Definitely not in bundles and merged at the doorstep.• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep.Impossible though as there's no room in the frame for most addresses once all the proper mail's been put in there.
and RM dont enforce it as it would drastically cut the length of deliveries possible within the duty time!
-
RandyBeanz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
what does DIM status mean 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
in the context of the post it means Managers will actJ Whiteside wrote:what does DIM status mean
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
kitkatchunky
- Posts: 217
- Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
past month goes like this
week1 0 d2d
week2 1 d2d
week3 1 d2d
week4 2 d2d
caant see 5 coming
week1 0 d2d
week2 1 d2d
week3 1 d2d
week4 2 d2d
caant see 5 coming
-
REDLETTER
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 748
- Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
They are saving ALL yours for the Christmas Pressurejordan26 wrote:past month goes like this
week1 0 d2d
week2 1 d2d
week3 1 d2d
week4 2 d2d
caant see 5 coming
-
Kevin Manchester
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 08:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
I have four lots of households this week and struggled today.
So I went in at the right time as usual today had my break and put my four lots of households together at the end, after I threw my mail off and when I done my killing off and redirections, then I placed my households in the frame, once that was done the time was 9 40am so I spoke to the manager and told him I won’t finish on time, he said “if you go over I will pay you” I made it quite clear I’m not going over so I left the bottom row in and he agreed.
That’s out of my hands now.
Tomorrow will be the same. Its down to staff shortage at my office, nobody on the ips.
If I was to complete the walk today it would have been a 2pm finish, I don’t thinks so some how.
And they wanted me to do my part of the summer walk as well.
We really need more people like me instead of moaning about it.
SAY NO. STAND YOUR GROUND..
So I went in at the right time as usual today had my break and put my four lots of households together at the end, after I threw my mail off and when I done my killing off and redirections, then I placed my households in the frame, once that was done the time was 9 40am so I spoke to the manager and told him I won’t finish on time, he said “if you go over I will pay you” I made it quite clear I’m not going over so I left the bottom row in and he agreed.
That’s out of my hands now.
Tomorrow will be the same. Its down to staff shortage at my office, nobody on the ips.
If I was to complete the walk today it would have been a 2pm finish, I don’t thinks so some how.
And they wanted me to do my part of the summer walk as well.
We really need more people like me instead of moaning about it.
SAY NO. STAND YOUR GROUND..
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
Check the dates there shouldn't be 6 yet.Sherpas Rule wrote:Guy on the job next to me got 6 today!
At my place we've been getting ours in a week in advance and we have to keep checking the dates so they don't get mixed up.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dazzlin72
- Posts: 321
- Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..
Yeah! Yeah!Kevin Manchester wrote:I have four lots of households this week and struggled today.
So I went in at the right time as usual today had my break and put my four lots of households together at the end, after I threw my mail off and when I done my killing off and redirections, then I placed my households in the frame, once that was done the time was 9 40am so I spoke to the manager and told him I won’t finish on time, he said “if you go over I will pay you” I made it quite clear I’m not going over so I left the bottom row in and he agreed.
That’s out of my hands now.
Tomorrow will be the same. Its down to staff shortage at my office, nobody on the ips.
If I was to complete the walk today it would have been a 2pm finish, I don’t thinks so some how.
And they wanted me to do my part of the summer walk as well.
We really need more people like me instead of moaning about it.
SAY NO. STAND YOUR GROUND..