ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote: Three different ways of preparing Door To Doors but which is correct ? :Very Happy I've never seen any instruction. :crazy:
From: Introducing Door to Door into workload - Planning Guidelines
D2d process.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by fishtank »

• D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals.
Not first ......last
• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep.
Definitely not in bundles and merged at the doorstep.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bexhil palace
Posts: 505
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 11:54
Gender: Male
Location: All over the Gaff

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by bexhil palace »

Caniel wrote:I've been on 4 lots since I stopped getting paid for them yet walks elsewhere in the office have 1 or 2 lots. Got back off delivery today and there's 5 lots under my frame for next week. Well since it's all part of the workload now, I'll be cutting off next week when I can't complete on time because I couldn't get out the office on time because I was setting in 5 lots of for an hour :nana :nana :nana

f**k em!
:Applause
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

The minimum requirements percentage needs some proper clarification for me and no doubt many other part-timers.

My (pretty decent as they go) line manager says that the 1/6 call rate Monday to Saturday is not yet in effect and for now we should still be doing 1/5 Monday-Friday only. Our section were all required to sign a sheet about various standards this last week that included a statement that a 20% call rate is expected Monday-Friday for D2D.

Yet I'm reading on here (and have told my line manager) that some depots have already colour coded every frame so that whichever person is on any given walk in the depot knows precisely what D2D is part of that day's workload.

So who is right?

Please tell me this isn't another "local agreement" thing! Royal Mail is a nationwide company, therefore the standards and practices should be a national standard! :arrrghhh
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by not me »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote: Three different ways of preparing Door To Doors but which is correct ? :Very Happy I've never seen any instruction. :crazy:
From: Introducing Door to Door into workload - Planning Guidelines
D2d process.jpg

well we fail at step one
they havent broken it down into sixths
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by not me »

IloveMYredTROLLEY! wrote:The minimum requirements percentage needs some proper clarification for me and no doubt many other part-timers.

My (pretty decent as they go) line manager says that the 1/6 call rate Monday to Saturday is not yet in effect and for now we should still be doing 1/5 Monday-Friday only. Our section were all required to sign a sheet about various standards this last week that included a statement that a 20% call rate is expected Monday-Friday for D2D.

Yet I'm reading on here (and have told my line manager) that some depots have already colour coded every frame so that whichever person is on any given walk in the depot knows precisely what D2D is part of that day's workload.

So who is right?

Please tell me this isn't another "local agreement" thing! Royal Mail is a nationwide company, therefore the standards and practices should be a national standard! :arrrghhh

we have sheets broken down and colour coded for the 1/5 delivery
no sign of them being replaced with 1/6ths yet
this week will be be my 1st full week back,so i shall be questioning that on Tuesday
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by Lounge Lizard »

fishtank wrote:
• D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals.
Not first ......last
• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep.
Definitely not in bundles and merged at the doorstep.
Thanks. I didn't know that's what's meant to happen. :shock: Impossible though as there's no room in the frame for most addresses once all the proper mail's been put in there. :shock:
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by not me »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
fishtank wrote:
• D2D should be the last items prepped to a frame after address mail unless there is available down time such as waiting for missorts or late arrivals.
Not first ......last
• Note: D2D items should not be merged with other mails at the doorstep.
Definitely not in bundles and merged at the doorstep.
Thanks. I didn't know that's what's meant to happen. :shock: Impossible though as there's no room in the frame for most addresses once all the proper mail's been put in there. :shock:

and RM dont enforce it as it would drastically cut the length of deliveries possible within the duty time!
RandyBeanz
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by RandyBeanz »

what does DIM status mean :crazy:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

J Whiteside wrote:what does DIM status mean :crazy:
in the context of the post it means Managers will act
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by kitkatchunky »

past month goes like this
week1 0 d2d
week2 1 d2d
week3 1 d2d
week4 2 d2d

caant see 5 coming :silenced
REDLETTER
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 748
Joined: 27 Oct 2008, 19:00
Gender: Male
Location: EX-ROYAL MAIL

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by REDLETTER »

jordan26 wrote:past month goes like this
week1 0 d2d
week2 1 d2d
week3 1 d2d
week4 2 d2d

caant see 5 coming :silenced
They are saving ALL yours for the Christmas Pressure :dance
Kevin Manchester
Posts: 25
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 08:36
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by Kevin Manchester »

I have four lots of households this week and struggled today.
So I went in at the right time as usual today had my break and put my four lots of households together at the end, after I threw my mail off and when I done my killing off and redirections, then I placed my households in the frame, once that was done the time was 9 40am so I spoke to the manager and told him I won’t finish on time, he said “if you go over I will pay you” I made it quite clear I’m not going over so I left the bottom row in and he agreed.
That’s out of my hands now.
Tomorrow will be the same. Its down to staff shortage at my office, nobody on the ips.
If I was to complete the walk today it would have been a 2pm finish, I don’t thinks so some how.
And they wanted me to do my part of the summer walk as well.
We really need more people like me instead of moaning about it.
SAY NO. STAND YOUR GROUND..
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by POSTMAN »

Sherpas Rule wrote:Guy on the job next to me got 6 today!
Check the dates there shouldn't be 6 yet.
At my place we've been getting ours in a week in advance and we have to keep checking the dates so they don't get mixed up.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
dazzlin72
Posts: 321
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
Gender: Male

Re: Five Lots of Door to Doors as from Monday..

Post by dazzlin72 »

Kevin Manchester wrote:I have four lots of households this week and struggled today.
So I went in at the right time as usual today had my break and put my four lots of households together at the end, after I threw my mail off and when I done my killing off and redirections, then I placed my households in the frame, once that was done the time was 9 40am so I spoke to the manager and told him I won’t finish on time, he said “if you go over I will pay you” I made it quite clear I’m not going over so I left the bottom row in and he agreed.
That’s out of my hands now.
Tomorrow will be the same. Its down to staff shortage at my office, nobody on the ips.
If I was to complete the walk today it would have been a 2pm finish, I don’t thinks so some how.
And they wanted me to do my part of the summer walk as well.
We really need more people like me instead of moaning about it.
SAY NO. STAND YOUR GROUND..
Yeah! Yeah!