And it gives me an excuse to crack open another beer, to replenish the lost fluids
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Heat-Health Watch
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Heat-Health Watch
I'll say one thing, I'd rather be delivering in the sunshine than the monsoon conditions that our Northern cousins are experiencing now.
And it gives me an excuse to crack open another beer, to replenish the lost fluids
(obviously, not while I'm at work, though it has crossed my mind)
And it gives me an excuse to crack open another beer, to replenish the lost fluids
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Heat-Health Watch
My shoes finally dried out from Wednesday... with a little help from some newspaper 2 nights on the trot.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Who's moaning? Soft Southeners? My arse! We love this weather. Bring it on!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Do RML still do the big wide brimmed sun hat?
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Yes, but you need some gonads to wear it!
Either that, or you are completely oblivious to what a prat it makes you look.
Either that, or you are completely oblivious to what a prat it makes you look.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Your right - its floppy as the floppiest thing imaginable. It looks as though even a humid day the brim will collapse.Straight4ward wrote:Yes, but you need some gonads to wear it!
Either that, or you are completely oblivious to what a prat it makes you look.
I tried to "dinger" it like we did in the forces and it could not even keep its shape to do that properly. Now rotting in my locker at work.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Stick with the baseball cap, TBT. It does the same job and , at least, the school kids don't subject you to a torrent of abuse!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
bedfordrl
- Posts: 386
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: North East Hampshire
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Please elaborate.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Straight4ward wrote:Yes, but you need some gonads to wear it!
Either that, or you are completely oblivious to what a prat it makes you look.
I tried to "dinger" it like we did in the forces and it could not even keep its shape to do that properly. .
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Heat-Health Watch
One of our guys sellotaped the sides up so it looked like a cowboy hat...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Heat-Health Watch
bedfordrl wrote:Please elaborate.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
I tried to "dinger" it like we did in the forces and it could not even keep its shape to do that properly. .
^^^^^^^Aprilaydee wrote:One of our guys sellotaped the sides up so it looked like a cowboy hat...
But only 1 side and not with sellotape
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Something like this??I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Heat-Health Watch
Asked to lapse today..............................
my tan is reaching mediteranean levels and they want me spend just another extra half hour in the sun?
arseholes.
my tan is reaching mediteranean levels and they want me spend just another extra half hour in the sun?
arseholes.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Heat-Health Watch
I CAN SEE BLUE SKY!!!! lol
I might have to go for a lie down... not seen anything like this for a while!
My Dad said he nearly called the Police earlier because there was this bright thing in the sky and he wasn't sure what it was
I might have to go for a lie down... not seen anything like this for a while!
My Dad said he nearly called the Police earlier because there was this bright thing in the sky and he wasn't sure what it was
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Heat-Health Watch
the searchlight of a Poice helicopter perhaps.Aprilaydee wrote:I CAN SEE BLUE SKY!!!! lol
I might have to go for a lie down... not seen anything like this for a while!
My Dad said he nearly called the Police earlier because there was this bright thing in the sky and he wasn't sure what it was
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: Heat-Health Watch
We THINK it was something called "The Sun"? I don't know, can't see it again now to check...Lounge Lizard wrote:the searchlight of a Poice helicopter perhaps.Aprilaydee wrote:I CAN SEE BLUE SKY!!!! lol
I might have to go for a lie down... not seen anything like this for a while!
My Dad said he nearly called the Police earlier because there was this bright thing in the sky and he wasn't sure what it was
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?