ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Heat-Health Watch

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by pinstripe »

I'll say one thing, I'd rather be delivering in the sunshine than the monsoon conditions that our Northern cousins are experiencing now.

And it gives me an excuse to crack open another beer, to replenish the lost fluids :whistle (obviously, not while I'm at work, though it has crossed my mind)
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by TeeferTiger »

My shoes finally dried out from Wednesday... with a little help from some newspaper 2 nights on the trot.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by Straight4ward »

Who's moaning? Soft Southeners? My arse! We love this weather. Bring it on!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by Big Daz »

Do RML still do the big wide brimmed sun hat?
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by Straight4ward »

Yes, but you need some gonads to wear it!

Either that, or you are completely oblivious to what a prat it makes you look.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Straight4ward wrote:Yes, but you need some gonads to wear it!

Either that, or you are completely oblivious to what a prat it makes you look.
Your right - its floppy as the floppiest thing imaginable. It looks as though even a humid day the brim will collapse.

I tried to "dinger" it like we did in the forces and it could not even keep its shape to do that properly. Now rotting in my locker at work.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by Straight4ward »

Stick with the baseball cap, TBT. It does the same job and , at least, the school kids don't subject you to a torrent of abuse!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
bedfordrl
Posts: 386
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 22:16
Gender: Male
Location: North East Hampshire

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by bedfordrl »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Straight4ward wrote:Yes, but you need some gonads to wear it!

Either that, or you are completely oblivious to what a prat it makes you look.

I tried to "dinger" it like we did in the forces and it could not even keep its shape to do that properly. .
Please elaborate.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by TeeferTiger »

One of our guys sellotaped the sides up so it looked like a cowboy hat...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bedfordrl wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:

I tried to "dinger" it like we did in the forces and it could not even keep its shape to do that properly. .
Please elaborate.
Aprilaydee wrote:One of our guys sellotaped the sides up so it looked like a cowboy hat...
^^^^^^^


But only 1 side and not with sellotape :d'oh!. Dinger - as in slang for an Aussie
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by DGP1 »

Image Something like this??
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
chunk
Posts: 957
Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
Gender: Male

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by chunk »

Asked to lapse today..............................
my tan is reaching mediteranean levels and they want me spend just another extra half hour in the sun?
arseholes.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by TeeferTiger »

I CAN SEE BLUE SKY!!!! lol

I might have to go for a lie down... not seen anything like this for a while!

My Dad said he nearly called the Police earlier because there was this bright thing in the sky and he wasn't sure what it was :wink:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Aprilaydee wrote:I CAN SEE BLUE SKY!!!! lol

I might have to go for a lie down... not seen anything like this for a while!

My Dad said he nearly called the Police earlier because there was this bright thing in the sky and he wasn't sure what it was :wink:
the searchlight of a Poice helicopter perhaps. :crazy:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Heat-Health Watch

Post by TeeferTiger »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:I CAN SEE BLUE SKY!!!! lol

I might have to go for a lie down... not seen anything like this for a while!

My Dad said he nearly called the Police earlier because there was this bright thing in the sky and he wasn't sure what it was :wink:
the searchlight of a Poice helicopter perhaps. :crazy:
We THINK it was something called "The Sun"? I don't know, can't see it again now to check...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?