ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
womens trousers
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: womens trousers
I would go for the guys ones, but I've only just got the size 10's.
Ordered a couple of red polo shirts as well in extra small thinking that small would be too big - now I find that I have to peel them off at the end of a shift - just got to hope I don't start putting on weight (though with the run I've got, there is no chance of that)
Ordered a couple of red polo shirts as well in extra small thinking that small would be too big - now I find that I have to peel them off at the end of a shift - just got to hope I don't start putting on weight (though with the run I've got, there is no chance of that)
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: womens trousers
My uniform is a right mismash...
Men's trousers (I refused to order size 20!! it's demoralising having to order 3 sizes bigger!), medium polo shirt, small hi viz, small stormproof coat.
The women's trousers are plain stupid. Why on earth do they taper down to the ankle?! I like my trousers to actually go over my shoes, not sit around my ankles making it look like I'm wearing bicycle clips.
They're like clown trousers... tiny waist, balloon out and then taper back in.
Men's trousers (I refused to order size 20!! it's demoralising having to order 3 sizes bigger!), medium polo shirt, small hi viz, small stormproof coat.
The women's trousers are plain stupid. Why on earth do they taper down to the ankle?! I like my trousers to actually go over my shoes, not sit around my ankles making it look like I'm wearing bicycle clips.
They're like clown trousers... tiny waist, balloon out and then taper back in.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: womens trousers
don't get me started on the waterproofs
I ordered small - they were so big I could fit me and my partner into them at the same time (yes, really)
I called up and asked if they did smaller ones, so was sent extra small. Whilst the jacket does fit around the shoulders, the arms are down to my ankles,the pockets are around the knees and it can still wrap around me twice.
I'm not as short as I sound though at 5'3'' and a bit.
No wonder I run around without a coat most of the year
I ordered small - they were so big I could fit me and my partner into them at the same time (yes, really)
I called up and asked if they did smaller ones, so was sent extra small. Whilst the jacket does fit around the shoulders, the arms are down to my ankles,the pockets are around the knees and it can still wrap around me twice.
I'm not as short as I sound though at 5'3'' and a bit.
No wonder I run around without a coat most of the year
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: womens trousers
I'm only 5ft 2. My small coat goes down to my knees and the arms a few inches past the ends of my outstretched fingers... On Wednesday, when my coat was too wet to carry on wearing for my other delivery stint, I found a coat in the pile to wear. It looked clean enough and didn't smell funny so I put it on.estelle wrote:don't get me started on the waterproofs
I ordered small - they were so big I could fit me and my partner into them at the same time (yes, really)
I called up and asked if they did smaller ones, so was sent extra small. Whilst the jacket does fit around the shoulders, the arms are down to my ankles,the pockets are around the knees and it can still wrap around me twice.
I'm not as short as I sound though at 5'3'' and a bit.
No wonder I run around without a coat most of the year
It was halfway down my calves (sp?!) and I had to fold the sleeves over a few times just so I could find my hands. I could actually crouch down in it and hide. Also, the hood was massive and because I'd pulled the cords together to tie the hood under my chin because of the wind, it stuck up at the top and I looked like the Tefal man
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: womens trousers
you'd think it'd be such a simple thing to give us clothes that actually fit - mind you, I'd think I was abnormal if I managed to fit in the uniform currently on offer.
you really made me laugh with your bit about the jacket not smelling too funny
you really made me laugh with your bit about the jacket not smelling too funny
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: womens trousers
MY jacket smells funny I have to admit. It's been sitting in the HCT for weeks with smelly bags that have been wet and then not dried properly. I had to spray it with body spray this morning just so I didn't gag while I was wearing it...estelle wrote:you'd think it'd be such a simple thing to give us clothes that actually fit - mind you, I'd think I was abnormal if I managed to fit in the uniform currently on offer.
you really made me laugh with your bit about the jacket not smelling too funny
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: womens trousers
mine still smells lovely, but that is because I've not worn this one ever,it's fresh out the pack after being replaced when someone stole my other extra small one (funnily enough, one size does seem to fit all)
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: womens trousers
Please, please, please take a photo of yourself crouched down & hiding in that coat and post it ( disguise your face before you post, natch ) I imagine I'd laugh my arse offAprilaydee wrote:It was halfway down my calves (sp?!) and I had to fold the sleeves over a few times just so I could find my hands. I could actually crouch down in it and hide. Also, the hood was massive and because I'd pulled the cords together to tie the hood under my chin because of the wind, it stuck up at the top and I looked like the Tefal man
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: womens trousers
I am sooooooooo glad I'm not alone on the trousers thing. I ordered them in a size bigger than I am so i would be comfortable. Wouldn't go over my hips. Ordered the next size up. They could have kept my boobs warm, they were so big. Scared to wear them just in case a gust of wind catches me and I end up up a tree!!! Noticed the belt loops were tiny on them too! Now, I stick to jeans or shorts! Refuse to look like coco the clown!
-
Judgee
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2262
- Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18
Re: womens trousers
I have more of a problem with the shirts. All over they are miles too big except the cuffs... I can't even fit my watch under them
Maybe I just have really fat wrists?
Maybe I just have really fat wrists?
Union what Union? Do we have a union?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: womens trousers
And what might cause that ?Judgee wrote:I have more of a problem with the shirts. All over they are miles too big except the cuffs... I can't even fit my watch under them![]()
Maybe I just have really fat wrists?
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: womens trousers
mazza111 wrote:I am sooooooooo glad I'm not alone on the trousers thing. I ordered them in a size bigger than I am so i would be comfortable. Wouldn't go over my hips. Ordered the next size up. They could have kept my boobs warm, they were so big. Scared to wear them just in case a gust of wind catches me and I end up up a tree!!! Noticed the belt loops were tiny on them too! Now, I stick to jeans or shorts! Refuse to look like coco the clown!
-
estelle
- Posts: 194
- Joined: 16 Jun 2009, 10:31
- Gender: Male
Re: womens trousers
I hadn't thought about the collars and cuffs on the blouses, but yes - they are really tight around the cuff. I'd say you don't have big wrists, I have problems and my wrists are really teeny tiny.
So from all of this, what are the recommendations of fellow postwomen, what mix do you go for to acheive an almost decent, not quite so big a fashion crime look whilst wearing the standard issue uniform?
Currently I sport guys trousers (with enough spare room for my non existant 'package'), extra small polo shirts that need peeled off at the end of the day, CAT trainers (though these are killing my knees and hips), and if I really have to wear a jacket, regardless of weather, it's a small fleece. The extra small waterproofs are neatly packed away in a cupboard somewhere.
So from all of this, what are the recommendations of fellow postwomen, what mix do you go for to acheive an almost decent, not quite so big a fashion crime look whilst wearing the standard issue uniform?
Currently I sport guys trousers (with enough spare room for my non existant 'package'), extra small polo shirts that need peeled off at the end of the day, CAT trainers (though these are killing my knees and hips), and if I really have to wear a jacket, regardless of weather, it's a small fleece. The extra small waterproofs are neatly packed away in a cupboard somewhere.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: womens trousers
High waistband or saggy boobs? ::::runs away::::mazza111 wrote:I am sooooooooo glad I'm not alone on the trousers thing. I ordered them in a size bigger than I am so i would be comfortable. Wouldn't go over my hips. Ordered the next size up. They could have kept my boobs warm, they were so big. Scared to wear them just in case a gust of wind catches me and I end up up a tree!!! Noticed the belt loops were tiny on them too! Now, I stick to jeans or shorts! Refuse to look like coco the clown!
I wear my own shorts from ASDA. More pockets and they actually fit without looking like either hotpants or cullottes. And as for the cullottes... OMG... They are AWFUL!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: womens trousers
It's because a size N (where N is whatever size you are) has a few inches lee way (sp) before the next size. Rather than size N being a standard X inches. It's X-Y inches before it becomes size M.stokes11eg wrote:![]()
![]()
![]()
Sounds just like me, and just don't ask the man in your life if your bum looks big in these s------catchers! I blame metrication my self, before that came in you fittted well into a standard size ten or whatever, but even buying your own clothes means a mismatch of sizes just to feel properly fitted!
And so on and so forth.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?