ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:The 2 offices I supervise and get the leadership for have a DOM but classed as a "cluster DOM" because they look after a few small offices. The PHG does all the daily reports, rotas, forecasts (to an extent-just on a weekly basis, no annual stuff!), CPR, paymaster, RCS etc. etc. etc...

If you're just looking after the callers office and the attached RLE work, I don't think you'll get the allowance.
So do you actually do any work as well and how many staff are there in the two offices?
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:The 2 offices I supervise and get the leadership for have a DOM but classed as a "cluster DOM" because they look after a few small offices. The PHG does all the daily reports, rotas, forecasts (to an extent-just on a weekly basis, no annual stuff!), CPR, paymaster, RCS etc. etc. etc...

If you're just looking after the callers office and the attached RLE work, I don't think you'll get the allowance.
So do you actually do any work as well and how many staff are there in the two offices?
Yes, I do a delivery as well as all the reports etc I don't supervise them both at the same time if that's what you meant?
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:The 2 offices I supervise and get the leadership for have a DOM but classed as a "cluster DOM" because they look after a few small offices. The PHG does all the daily reports, rotas, forecasts (to an extent-just on a weekly basis, no annual stuff!), CPR, paymaster, RCS etc. etc. etc...

If you're just looking after the callers office and the attached RLE work, I don't think you'll get the allowance.
So do you actually do any work as well and how many staff are there in the two offices?
Yes, I do a delivery as well as all the reports etc I don't supervise them both at the same time if that's what you meant?
So basically it's book room stuff - but how many staff are there in each office?
creedscat
Posts: 219
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by creedscat »

You get a D2D supplement.
bandit650
Posts: 880
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
Gender: Female

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by bandit650 »

creedscat wrote:You get a D2D supplement.
Nobody gets D2D supplement anymore,D2D are part of your work load.
creedscat
Posts: 219
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by creedscat »

bandit650 wrote:
creedscat wrote:You get a D2D supplement.
Nobody gets D2D supplement anymore,D2D are part of your work load.

So whats the 20.60 on your payslip for then???
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by not me »

creedscat wrote:
bandit650 wrote:
creedscat wrote:You get a D2D supplement.
Nobody gets D2D supplement anymore,D2D are part of your work load.

So whats the 20.60 on your payslip for then???
well whats it called? the clue is in the name
creedscat
Posts: 219
Joined: 22 Oct 2009, 15:46
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by creedscat »

custard wrote:
creedscat wrote:
bandit650 wrote:
creedscat wrote:You get a D2D supplement.
Nobody gets D2D supplement anymore,D2D are part of your work load.

So whats the 20.60 on your payslip for then???
well whats it called? the clue is in the name
Come on, dont keep me in suspence
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TeeferTiger »

14 in one and 20 odd in the other...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:14 in one and 20 odd in the other...
Well I would say you are being taken advantage of - ask to go as a temp manager, you are doing all but the job in name for much less money, and although it may not sit well in your mind, you should be rewarded for the work you do.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TeeferTiger »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:14 in one and 20 odd in the other...
Well I would say you are being taken advantage of - ask to go as a temp manager, you are doing all but the job in name for much less money, and although it may not sit well in your mind, you should be rewarded for the work you do.
Christ no... I tell the DOM to do all the other shite. I just do the lil reports and tell em I don't have time for anything else. Bugger em!

I don't want to be anywhere near a management status anymore. I'd have to know what I was doing then :left:
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by dvbuk55 »

Aprilaydee wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:14 in one and 20 odd in the other...
Well I would say you are being taken advantage of - ask to go as a temp manager, you are doing all but the job in name for much less money, and although it may not sit well in your mind, you should be rewarded for the work you do.
Christ no... I tell the DOM to do all the other shite. I just do the lil reports and tell em I don't have time for anything else. Bugger em!

I don't want to be anywhere near a management status anymore. I'd have to know what I was doing then :left:
:chuckle Fair dos
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

creedscat wrote:
custard wrote:
creedscat wrote:
bandit650 wrote:
creedscat wrote:You get a D2D supplement.
Nobody gets D2D supplement anymore,D2D are part of your work load.

So whats the 20.60 on your payslip for then???
well whats it called? the clue is in the name
Come on, dont keep me in suspence
its called a Delivery Supplement -

Its a supplement for working in the Delivery Function of RML not just for delivering D2Ds but for delivering all mail.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by Straight4ward »

I believe all PHG's qualify for the FIB* supplement.

Certainly the case in our office.

*Fat Immobile Bastard.
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: PHG "cover"...Enhanced Pay Rate?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Straight4ward wrote:I believe all PHG's qualify for the FIB* supplement.

Certainly the case in our office.

*Fat Immobile Bastard.
Oi!!! I know who my Dad is and I'm not immobile...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?