ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What do you get with the basic uniform?
-
RandyBeanz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?
Got it today. Looks like the stuff is good quality. no stormproof though just a fleece. think il just wait the 6 weeks until i get the full waterproofs
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?
Ahhhh bless these newbies.Looks like the stuff is good quality
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?
To be fair, it does look good in the plastic wrapping, it's just when you start to use it it becomes obvious that it's rubbish..............wait, rubbish is actually worth more these daysPOSTMAN wrote:
Ahhhh bless these newbies.Looks like the stuff is good quality
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?
Like I said, if they just made the coats out of the stuff they make the pockets off, the coat would be brilliant...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
RandyBeanz
- Posts: 44
- Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
- Gender: Male
Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?
Think i have to wait 6 weeks to get the "waterproofs". i hope it doesn't rain until then, ive only got the fleece they sent to wear if its cold or wetAprilaydee wrote:Like I said, if they just made the coats out of the stuff they make the pockets off, the coat would be brilliant...
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?
Well, I wore my "stormproof" coat today... rained ALLLLLLLLLLLLL morning and I was soaked from neck to toe. My pockets did their usual job of holding the water in though!
My shoes had water in them that I could feel squelching and moving around when I rotated my ankles a little. My shirt was soaked, I was wearing shorts as the trousers would have just stuck to my legs and the waterproof ones are rubbish too.
I've now got to find some different shoes to wear to work tomorrow, probably the ones that cut my feet to shreds despite being broken in, as these shoes have no chance of being dry by next week. But seeing as I'm only meant to have ONE pair of shoes... should I wear the wet ones and get trench foot?!
My shoes had water in them that I could feel squelching and moving around when I rotated my ankles a little. My shirt was soaked, I was wearing shorts as the trousers would have just stuck to my legs and the waterproof ones are rubbish too.
I've now got to find some different shoes to wear to work tomorrow, probably the ones that cut my feet to shreds despite being broken in, as these shoes have no chance of being dry by next week. But seeing as I'm only meant to have ONE pair of shoes... should I wear the wet ones and get trench foot?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?