ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What do you get with the basic uniform?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RandyBeanz
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?

Post by RandyBeanz »

Got it today. Looks like the stuff is good quality. no stormproof though just a fleece. think il just wait the 6 weeks until i get the full waterproofs
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?

Post by POSTMAN »

:funneh
Looks like the stuff is good quality
Ahhhh bless these newbies. :chuckle
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?

Post by DGP1 »

POSTMAN wrote::funneh
Looks like the stuff is good quality
Ahhhh bless these newbies. :chuckle
To be fair, it does look good in the plastic wrapping, it's just when you start to use it it becomes obvious that it's rubbish..............wait, rubbish is actually worth more these days :wink:
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Like I said, if they just made the coats out of the stuff they make the pockets off, the coat would be brilliant...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
RandyBeanz
Posts: 44
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 22:30
Gender: Male

Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?

Post by RandyBeanz »

Aprilaydee wrote:Like I said, if they just made the coats out of the stuff they make the pockets off, the coat would be brilliant...
Think i have to wait 6 weeks to get the "waterproofs". i hope it doesn't rain until then, ive only got the fleece they sent to wear if its cold or wet
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: What do you get with the basic uniform?

Post by TeeferTiger »

Well, I wore my "stormproof" coat today... rained ALLLLLLLLLLLLL morning and I was soaked from neck to toe. My pockets did their usual job of holding the water in though!

My shoes had water in them that I could feel squelching and moving around when I rotated my ankles a little. My shirt was soaked, I was wearing shorts as the trousers would have just stuck to my legs and the waterproof ones are rubbish too.

I've now got to find some different shoes to wear to work tomorrow, probably the ones that cut my feet to shreds despite being broken in, as these shoes have no chance of being dry by next week. But seeing as I'm only meant to have ONE pair of shoes... should I wear the wet ones and get trench foot?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?