ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

PHG

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Big Daz
Posts: 5668
Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
Gender: Male

Re: PHG

Post by Big Daz »

mclovin wrote:
bella wrote:The posties in our office never finish before the phgs, and they always finish at 12.30 at the latest through the week and 11 on a saturday.
How do they confirm specials then???

A RLE duty starting mid morning goin through to 6.30ish?
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: PHG

Post by not me »

blind confirmation and then backdated confirmation the next day
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: PHG

Post by mclovin »

custard wrote:blind confirmation and then backdated confirmation the next day
Thats a quality service right there.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: PHG

Post by Lounge Lizard »

mclovin wrote:My PHG has his break between 1030-1110, and still leaves the office at 1pm but is paid until 13.55.

No-one knows how the f*** that works.
What's a break ? :shock:
jimt81
Posts: 12
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 21:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG

Post by jimt81 »

mclovin wrote:
custard wrote:blind confirmation and then backdated confirmation the next day
Thats a quality service right there.
specials are confirmed on P D A`S the moment the PDA downloads, the phg then has to allocate all 739 items to the callers office when they are brought back in. it is only specials on delivery cards that could cause problems.
97gaz
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1023
Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
Gender: Male

Re: PHG

Post by 97gaz »

I
Last edited by 97gaz on 20 May 2020, 21:59, edited 1 time in total.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: PHG

Post by dvbuk55 »

97gaz wrote:I do the locker every Sat now and it's a lot more work than I thought it was going to be. I open up at 5 and I'm usually last one to leave at 1pm. I have to wait for all the collections to come in so I can despatch the specials. As for a break there's usually no cover for me so I just try to get it between customers.
You're right I used to do exactly the same and it's a real bitch - especially if some bastard breaks down or has a flat tyre. :d'oh!