If you leave RM of your own accord you should recieve a letter from the Director of HR expressing their regret at your decision to leave, and asking you for your reasons for leaving and your views on the company - they enclose a questionnaire and a sae. They ask you to be 'frank and honest' and state that the information provided will be treated confidentally.Aprilaydee wrote:And all this pro rata cr*p is why I'm getting out.
It should be based on the hours you work (with a set maximum) rather than your contract.
As I've said before (probably many times), RM want to employ p/t staff to flex up and so they don't have to pay them as much money when they're off work as they would a f/t. And yet, even though the p/t can be working shoulder to shoulder with a f/t, doing the same work, same hours, same workload, they get half the allowances and bonuses, all because they've been deprived of a f/t contract and flex up to help the business out.
As I've also said before (although I think only once!), it's a shame the p/t time can't afford to go on an overtime ban (and the f/t staff for that matter) to show rm that it's a crock o'poo and grossly unfair.
But still, I suppose I should feel "lucky I've got a job" and "stop moaning about it". I hope I have an exit interview when I leave. God help them!
They also say that you should have had a meeting with your line manager before your last day of service, which they trust took place, to discuss if there is anything that could have been done to persuade you to stay.
You should also receive a 'Leavers Pack' which consists of 'information that will assist you in the transition from Royal Mail to your life outside the company'. This consists of
A 'Letter Of Confirmation of Employment' that can be used as a reference for any future emplyer. (Just contains a record of the years you worked for RM, hours worked per week, position held etc - no 'personal' reference)
A document to 'assist in any dealings you may have with the benefits Agency' (Just again confirms all the details of your employment and reasons for leaving - replaces Benefit Agency form ES85 apparently)
A Change Of Address form which you should return if you move within 3 years
and lastly your P45, or if you are taking your pension early, as was the case with me, just Part 1A.
Oh, and they do actually wish you Good Luck for the future