ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Do u work for nothing???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by calpsy »

Yeah please speak english ........ and if thats not possible at least SPELL the words properly .

:nana
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

baldrick wrote:
Nes Pa


Then You shouldn't be using French phrases TBT.
Besides it should be N'est pas (innit?). :Very Happy
:chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
motherhubbard
Posts: 1001
Joined: 08 Feb 2010, 17:13
Gender: Female
Location: in the cupboard

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by motherhubbard »

Actually (and I hate to be pedantic) it is N'est-ce pas?
D'accord mon vieux?
Never let the hand you hold, hold you down.
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by baldrick »

motherhubbard wrote:Actually (and I hate to be pedantic) it is N'est-ce pas?
D'accord mon vieux?
I think you're right there motherhubbard. :oops:
But it is over 40 years since I learnt French at school.
gman

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by gman »

baldrick wrote:
Nes Pa


Then You shouldn't be using French phrases TBT.
Besides it should be N'est pas (innit?). :Very Happy
maybe nes pa is text talk in France, haha
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by Lounge Lizard »

custard wrote:text talk on a PC is pure laziness,I find it annoying
thankfully it is banned/discouraged on most grown up forums
That's right. :Very Happy We never had slovenly slobs using using 'text talk' before they got rid of National service. :sad:
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
custard wrote:text talk on a PC is pure laziness,I find it annoying
thankfully it is banned/discouraged on most grown up forums
That's right. :Very Happy We never had slovenly slobs using using 'text talk' before they got rid of National service. :sad:
Right you horrible lot get fell in. Lounge my lad that better not be a LOL your sending
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
custard wrote:text talk on a PC is pure laziness,I find it annoying
thankfully it is banned/discouraged on most grown up forums
That's right. :Very Happy We never had slovenly slobs using using 'text talk' before they got rid of National service. :sad:
Right you horrible lot get fell in. Lounge my lad that better not be a LOL your sending
No, but to some people LOL means LOunge Lizard. :nana :nana :nana
blue1873
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 8961
Joined: 16 Feb 2010, 17:50
Gender: Male

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by blue1873 »

I just hope CHICKENWITTLE and the rest of the early mob(s) don't have an accident before their "OFFICIAL START TIME" as we all know what the DOM will say :no no " you should'nt have been here before your time you silly postperson you" :no no.........THEREFORE NO CLAIM ON US :nana you are on to PLUMS! folks it aint worth it, they are only happy that you come in early to help them meet their targets..........not yours :Applause
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by NewPostieUK »

blue1873 wrote:I just hope CHICKENWITTLE and the rest of the early mob(s) don't have an accident before their "OFFICIAL START TIME" as we all know what the DOM will say :no no " you should'nt have been here before your time you silly postperson you" :no no.........THEREFORE NO CLAIM ON US :nana you are on to PLUMS! folks it aint worth it, they are only happy that you come in early to help them meet their targets..........not yours :Applause
My DOM's no different to the lads, no idea what the official start time is! I swear hardly any part timers know what there start time is meant to be. They've been messed around so much they just come in when they feel like it. I was asked if I'd slept in, despite being 30 mins early, as the usual lad starts over an hour before I turned up.

The full timers actually want me to go in early, not like you lot, as I make them wait for the packets, redirections, and the many, many missorts I get. I'm often walking around a deserted office, dropping off redirections and missorts to empty frames.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by krussel »

NewPostieUK wrote:I'm often walking around a deserted office, dropping off redirections and missorts to empty frames.
This is a real "no no" in our office as all late missorts have to be placed into the first ips missort frame. Otherwise it looks as if the postie has left them behind :shock:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by Caniel »

We got plenty of mongs in my office that come in early everyday which is mind boggling because like people have said for their office we have to wait for a missort run to come in which is about 0920ish so none gets out until that's done and the sorting frames are all clear.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by NewPostieUK »

krussel wrote: Otherwise it looks as if the postie has left them behind :shock:
I know :evil/mad
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by krussel »

NewPostieUK wrote:
krussel wrote: Otherwise it looks as if the postie has left them behind :shock:
I know :evil/mad
Do you really want them done for willful delay though :hmmmm
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
not me
Posts: 2735
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
Gender: Female
Location: Uranus

Re: Do u work for nothing???

Post by not me »

NewPostieUK wrote:
blue1873 wrote:I just hope CHICKENWITTLE and the rest of the early mob(s) don't have an accident before their "OFFICIAL START TIME" as we all know what the DOM will say :no no " you should'nt have been here before your time you silly postperson you" :no no.........THEREFORE NO CLAIM ON US :nana you are on to PLUMS! folks it aint worth it, they are only happy that you come in early to help them meet their targets..........not yours :Applause
My DOM's no different to the lads, no idea what the official start time is! I swear hardly any part timers know what there start time is meant to be. They've been messed around so much they just come in when they feel like it. I was asked if I'd slept in, despite being 30 mins early, as the usual lad starts over an hour before I turned up.

The full timers actually want me to go in early, not like you lot, as I make them wait for the packets, redirections, and the many, many missorts I get. I'm often walking around a deserted office, dropping off redirections and missorts to empty frames.

thats 'cos they are too busy flapping and worrying about their finish time
if they all accepted they worked ot their time and cut off if required then why worry?
I bet none come up and offer a hand as they are flapping?