ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Saturday guaranteed specials
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
All reg goes out on a sat in our place unless there is a retention in place. SG reg goes out regardless, in my experience there is quite often someone waiting specially to receive it even if the firm is not normally open on saturday.
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
SG regis should go out regardless
eg if you have a firms thats usually shut,it should still be attempted
eg if you have a firms thats usually shut,it should still be attempted
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
That's right, A firm normally shut on a Saturfay might have special reasons to be open including receiving a SG.custard wrote:SG regis should go out regardless
eg if you have a firms thats usually shut,it should still be attempted
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
If it's next working day, hasn't the customer the right to expect the delivery next working day IE Monday?custard wrote:SG regis should go out regardless
I often try to time my purchases to they are delivered on my day off. If my day off is monday I wouldn't be impressed if it was attempted when I was at work on the sat, and I had to go and pick it up.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
NewPostieUK wrote:If it's next working day, hasn't the customer the right to expect the delivery next working day IE Monday?custard wrote:SG regis should go out regardless
I often try to time my purchases to they are delivered on my day off. If my day off is monday I wouldn't be impressed if it was attempted when I was at work on the sat, and I had to go and pick it up.
Very confusing.
Customers assume our next working day not theirs.
Businesses with official Sat Shuts apart,all reg SHOULD be cleared in my opinion.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
If the sender has paid for SG then it must be attempted. Why whould they pay for it if they want it to go out on monday? If there is a sat retention we take them out anyway. If no one is there are not 739ed and go back out on monday. Most of the time I find there is someone there expecting it.NewPostieUK wrote:If it's next working day, hasn't the customer the right to expect the delivery next working day IE Monday?custard wrote:SG regis should go out regardless
I often try to time my purchases to they are delivered on my day off. If my day off is monday I wouldn't be impressed if it was attempted when I was at work on the sat, and I had to go and pick it up.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
Surely everybody knows 'working day' is mon- fri?fishtank wrote: Very confusing.
Customers assume our next working day not theirs.
If I as a customer paid for a Special Delivery 'Next Working Day' on a friday, I would expect to be able to tell the person I was sending to to expect it on the mon (the next working day). If i deliberately chose not to send it 'saturday special' and delivery was attempted on the saturday, when there would be nobody in, I'd be a bit miffed.PhilthyPhil wrote: If the sender has paid for SG then it must be attempted. Why whould they pay for it if they want it to go out on monday?
I don't know what an 'SG' is. If it's a saturday special then of course it should go out on the saturday, as thats what the customer has paid for.
My point is, you can choose the day to have something delivered. If I want something delivered on a tues, I'll send it on the monday. If I want it delivered on the wed, I'll send it on the tues If I want something delivered on he monday, I'll post it on the friday and not pay for the saturday special.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
Not everybody.NewPostieUK wrote:Surely everybody knows 'working day' is mon- fri?fishtank wrote: Very confusing.
Customers assume our next working day not theirs.
As should we.......in my very humble opinion.The introduction of flex time introduces the internet as a more easily globalized and outsourced workforce. The notion of a business day has come under a certain degree of challenge. Information-based companies with a limited dependence on physical goods have less of a need to distinguish a weekend day from a weekday and indeed to many, there is no difference at all. These companies, quite validly, construe a business day to be any day on which they provide service.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
heres a good one
sent an SD letter to an RM delivery office yesterday

sent an SD letter to an RM delivery office yesterday
now,Im not sure but I would expect an RM DO not to be a Saturday shutYour item with reference ZW**********GB has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
Did you pay extra for a saturday delivery?custard wrote:heres a good one
sent an SD letter to an RM delivery office yesterday
now,Im not sure but I would expect an RM DO not to be a Saturday shutYour item with reference ZW**********GB has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
If Royal Mail charge customers extra for delivering on a Saturday then we should be paid extra for delivering on a Saturday
I'm sure Dave and Billy can sort that out for us. 
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
They charge extra for recordeds, specials, large letters, packets etc etc, do we get paid extra for those? Do we ****
-
not me
- Posts: 2735
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 15:07
- Gender: Female
- Location: Uranus
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
NewPostieUK wrote:Did you pay extra for a saturday delivery?custard wrote:heres a good one
sent an SD letter to an RM delivery office yesterday
now,Im not sure but I would expect an RM DO not to be a Saturday shutYour item with reference ZW**********GB has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries.
nope but it shouldnt matter
the locker in that DO is next door to the managers office
are you telling me they should take the time to scan the item as Saturday retention than walk next door and deliver it?
-
plainpat
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 410
- Joined: 18 Jan 2010, 19:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: You can't get any further east in the UK without going for a swim in the North Sea
Re: Saturday guaranteed specials
Probably just a case of no DOM in, and Linos/PHGs not willing to take resposibilty for signing for itcustard wrote:NewPostieUK wrote:Did you pay extra for a saturday delivery?custard wrote:heres a good one
sent an SD letter to an RM delivery office yesterday
now,Im not sure but I would expect an RM DO not to be a Saturday shutYour item with reference ZW**********GB has been held for delivery on Monday. This is either at the request of the receiving customer or because the address is an exclusion for Saturday deliveries.
nope but it shouldnt matter
the locker in that DO is next door to the managers office
are you telling me they should take the time to scan the item as Saturday retention than walk next door and deliver it?![]()