ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

England Shirts on Duty

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Pinky 1 wrote:Well everything the hi-vis doesn't cover get's a suntan ! :chuckle
and we DON'T want a photo on here. :shock:
redspartapost
Posts: 151
Joined: 10 Jul 2009, 12:03
Gender: Male

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by redspartapost »

just got back from local gala day to notice that one of my neighbours has a star spangled banner and a scottish saltire draped from his window :chuckle
brothermagrew
Posts: 3015
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
Gender: Male
Location: Shares a border with England to the south.

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by brothermagrew »

Your neighbours obviously got good taste then :nana
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:Well everything the hi-vis doesn't cover get's a suntan ! :chuckle
and we DON'T want a photo on here. :shock:
Speak for yourself, I DO want the photo :nervous :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by dvbuk55 »

krussel wrote:They wont let us fly England flags on the vans :sad:

There is a reason for that krussel, apparently the Government have been concerned that mens private parts are getting smaller and so they are conducting a survey.
They are asking anyone under 3 inches to display a white flag with a red cross on their vehicle :shock:
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by TeeferTiger »

Seen lots of tourists coming into the country in the last few days with their England flags on their cars.

They'll have to be careful where they leave their car as the flags may not be there when they return... neither may the windows the flags were attached to!! :nervous

Not keen on the English around here...

I've actually got a friend from the US staying with me at the moment, and he loves the UK so I was meaning to ask him who he'd be supporting. I doubt he'll be bothered with a "soccer" match though eh?!
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by DGP1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Pinky 1 wrote:Well everything the hi-vis doesn't cover get's a suntan ! :chuckle
and we DON'T want a photo on here. :shock:
Image
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by Stormproof »

dvbuk55 wrote:

There is a reason for that krussel, apparently the Government have been concerned that mens private parts are getting smaller and so they are conducting a survey.
They are asking anyone under 3 inches to display a white flag with a red cross on their vehicle
:shock:
Did you send a text to my mobile DVB? as that what it said :whistle
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Aprilaydee wrote:Seen lots of tourists coming into the country in the last few days with their England flags on their cars.

They'll have to be careful where they leave their car as the flags may not be there when they return... neither may the windows the flags were attached to!! :nervous

Not keen on the English around here...

I've actually got a friend from the US staying with me at the moment, and he loves the UK so I was meaning to ask him who he'd be supporting. I doubt he'll be bothered with a "soccer" match though eh?!
Glendour not your brother is he :wink: :wink: :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by TeeferTiger »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:Seen lots of tourists coming into the country in the last few days with their England flags on their cars.

They'll have to be careful where they leave their car as the flags may not be there when they return... neither may the windows the flags were attached to!! :nervous

Not keen on the English around here...

I've actually got a friend from the US staying with me at the moment, and he loves the UK so I was meaning to ask him who he'd be supporting. I doubt he'll be bothered with a "soccer" match though eh?!
Glendour not your brother is he :wink: :wink: :Very Happy
No? My brother is called Llwellyn ap Gruffydd.. <snigger> j/k btw...
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by dvbuk55 »

Stormproof wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:

There is a reason for that krussel, apparently the Government have been concerned that mens private parts are getting smaller and so they are conducting a survey.
They are asking anyone under 3 inches to display a white flag with a red cross on their vehicle
:shock:
Did you send a text to my mobile DVB? as that what it said :whistle
No I didn't AND I don't have a flag on my car either :oops: :chuckle I do have a mobile but I couldn't send a text to save my life and I literally mean that.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by TeeferTiger »

Oh, and just to clarify, I have no problem with the English etc. I'm happy to be British. Well, as happy as you can be I guess given the current state of things!

It's just the people around here don't like to be associated with England in any way, shape or form. They consider themselves Welsh, not British and resent being reminded that they are, in fact, British.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Aprilaydee wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:Seen lots of tourists coming into the country in the last few days with their England flags on their cars.

They'll have to be careful where they leave their car as the flags may not be there when they return... neither may the windows the flags were attached to!! :nervous

Not keen on the English around here...

I've actually got a friend from the US staying with me at the moment, and he loves the UK so I was meaning to ask him who he'd be supporting. I doubt he'll be bothered with a "soccer" match though eh?!
Glendour not your brother is he :wink: :wink: :Very Happy
No? My brother is called Llwellyn ap Gruffydd.. <snigger> j/k btw...
Thats where the 3 lions should have come from Imagenot France
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Jenny Manchester
Posts: 138
Joined: 10 Jan 2010, 17:12
Gender: Female

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by Jenny Manchester »

Maybe we should all bring these into the office on Monday and do the Managers heads in..Lol.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: England Shirts on Duty

Post by Pinky 1 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Aprilaydee wrote:Seen lots of tourists coming into the country in the last few days with their England flags on their cars.

They'll have to be careful where they leave their car as the flags may not be there when they return... neither may the windows the flags were attached to!! :nervous

Not keen on the English around here...

I've actually got a friend from the US staying with me at the moment, and he loves the UK so I was meaning to ask him who he'd be supporting. I doubt he'll be bothered with a "soccer" match though eh?!
Glendour not your brother is he :wink: :wink: :Very Happy
No? My brother is called Llwellyn ap Gruffydd.. <snigger> j/k btw...
Thats where the 3 lions should have come from Imagenot France
Better to have 4 lions eh TBT ? :wink:
..jpg
Owain Glyndŵr's coat of arms :Very Happy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "